Sometimes nothing tastes as good as some good ‘ole Southern cooking and some Southern Fried Pork Chops!
Rarely do we eat fried foods, but when we do, one of our favorite recipes is the one my husband taught me for Southern Fried Pork Chops. It takes just a little bit of time, and very few ingredients. In fact everything you need is probably right there, already in your kitchen. And if you love pork chops, but fried food isn’t for you, I have several other mouth-watering pork chop recipes on the site such as this one for Parmesan Garlic Pork Chops!
If you do want to give these Southern Fried Pork Chops chops a try, here’s how to make them. Enjoy!
Southern Fried Pork Chops Recipe
4 bone-in pork chops
1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
1.5 to 2 tbsp. powdered garlic (depending on your tastes)
1 tbsp. paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
Large Freezer Bag
Begin by adding the vegetable oil to a large frying pan and heating over medium high heat. While the oil is heating, add the flour, garlic and paprika to a large freezer bag and mix together.
Rinse the pork chops under cold water, allowing to drip dry until they are damp, then place them in the bag. Seal it, and shake until the chops are completely covered in the seasoned flour mixture.
Once the oil is hot enough, remove the chops from the bag and carefully place them into the oil.
Cook for about five minutes on each side, until the outsides are golden brown.
Once the pork chops are finished, I prefer to place them on a plate covered with paper towels to absorb any of extra oil, then season to taste with the salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy!
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1.5 cups of all purpose flour
- 1.5 to 2 tbsp. powdered garlic (depending on your tastes)
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- Large Freezer Bag
- Add the vegetable oil to a large frying pan, and begin heating over medium high heat.
- While the oil is heating, mix the flour, garlic and paprika in a large freezer bag. Mix together.
- Rinse the pork chops under cold water, letting them drip dry until they are just damp, then place them in the bag.
- Seal the bag, and shake until chops are completely covered in the seasoned flour mixture.
- Once your oil is hot enough, carefully add the pork chops.
- Cook the chops for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until the outsides are golden brown.
- Remove from oil, place on a plate with paper towels to absorb any remaining oil, then season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!