Review of Beauty Box 5:
Part 1 of a 6 Part Series
Hey everyone! I’m sure you have all heard of the plethora of monthly subscription services that seem to be all the rage now. These services will deliver straight to your front door pretty much anything ranging from food to organic products to make up to nail polish for a set price.
Some of these services are wonderful and send great products that are well worth the cost, while others are, let’s just say not so hot. One thing you do need to keep in mind is that some of these will send full-sized products, while others send samples of products. You can usually find out by carefully reading each individual service’s site. This week I received a beauty subscription box to review from one of these services known as Beauty Box 5.
Beauty Box 5 will send you 4 to 5 beauty-related product samples from a wide selection of great brands each month. The products are made by a number of brands such as Everyday Minerals, Tree Hut, Blinc, Blum naturals, Comodynes, Freeman and many more.
Although they are samples, each one is a fairly good size, more like a travel-sized item. The boxes are shipped around the middle of the month, and the cost varies depending on which membership you have chosen. The three memberships offered are:
- Monthly for $12, due each month
- Quarterly for $30, due each quarter (save $6)
- Yearly for $100, due once a year (save $44).
Today I am going to show you what came in my box, and over the next several posts I will be doing individual reviews of each product. You can also watch my video of the opening right here!
I really liked the presentation of the products in the box. They came in this cute little bag resting on a nest of black-colored curly confetti, along with a card that gives a short description of each product and the suggested retail price. Here’s what was included:
- eyeliner by blinc: this is a 0.02 oz sample in black.blinc is a water resistant, no-smudge, easy-to-remove liquid eyeliner. Perfect for people who wear contacts or have sensitive eyes. Retail: $26.00
– mineral-based blush: 0.17oz sample by Everyday Minerals. Girl Friday is a beautiful, dusty-rose color. A card showing on one side how to apply the blush and on the other side a promo code for a percentage off my next Everyday Minerals order was also included. Retail: $10.99
– Vegan Mineral eyeshadow: 0.07oz by The All Natural Face. Orange Ice Storm is a very pale color with a hint of orange. Can be used wet or dry. Also came with a sponge applicator and a promo code for a percentage off my next All Natural Face order. Retail: $3.50
– Oil Absorbing Facial Tissues: 50 sheets by Blum Naturals. Powder-free oil absorbing tissues will get rid of shiny skin while leaving you makeup intact. Retail: $2.99
– Exfoliating towelettes for face and body: 8 pack by Comodynes. Exfoliates dead skin cells and deep cleans pores leaving skin soft, smooth and renewed. Retail: $12.99
If you are interested in joining Beauty Box 5 you can sign up on their website by clicking here. You can also find them on Facebook and Twitter. Remember to follow along on Bullock’s Buzz for the next post in the series where I will be doing individual reviews for each product.
I received this sample for free as part of a product review. I was not compensated in any way, and all opinions are my own.