Getting your house ready for the summer months is a huge task. Spring cleaning isn’t called that for nothing and after a long, windy and probably wet winter, the promise of sunshine, flowers and a little heat is enough to light anyone’s life up. In anticipation of the warmth and dry weather, you should be making a list to get your home ready for the new weather and shake things up a little for it to look beautiful on the inside and out. Making that list can be a little difficult if you don’t know what could be wrong in the house to fix, so we’ve made a handy few points to get you started:
- Winter months tend to bring a lot of damp in the home, even with the tightest of insulation. Throw open the windows and turn on bathroom extractor fans to get any damp spots away. There are many different dehumidifier options like these ones that can work wonders for your home in the cold months, so perhaps investing in these in anticipation of the damp air could help.
- Pipes freeze over and they can easily crack when they start to defrost. This causes leaks in the attic, bathroom or kitchen and can contribute to the damp mentioned earlier. In some cases, you’ll need to call an emergency Arvada plumber service to come out and fix cracked pipes secure any leaks ready for the summer.
- Gutters can get filled with wet guck in the winter. Think autumn leaves, sticks, bird nests and bugs getting caught in the gutters on the edges of the house. It’s time to climb the ladder and clear out all the gathered rubbish nature has brought you, ready for the summer. Doing this twice a year before winter and before summer can make a huge difference to your drainage systems.
- Now that the weather is drying up, cutting the grass in the garden and edging the borders of the front yard will get you ready to plant new flowers in fresh soil. Of course, you’ll likely have tidied things up as you go anyway but if not, now is the time. Fresh flowers mean fresh blooms to enjoy so don’t skimp on the planting!
- Summer is the perfect time to take on a new project and if your exterior needs repainting or a new lick of varnish needs to grace the doors, it’s time to get the apron on! Warmer weather means painting a house exterior is easier and will dry quicker. Time for a pretty update!
Embracing the hot days ahead with a few chores now will make your summer more fun and give you more time to spend at the local beach instead of sorting out the jobs no one likes to do! Summer time is about kicking back and enjoying your surroundings. The sunshine puts everyone in a good mood and it’s so much easier to be in a happy mood when you can look around your newly bloomed garden and enjoy the day.