These Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs are a very easy meal to make, and gourmet olive oil is used as a marinade for the chicken. Benissimo’s Mediterranean Garlic Olive Oil has a wonderfully rich, buttery taste with just the right amount of garlic, basil. and thyme. It provides the perfect taste for these kabobs!
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into cubes
- Vidalia onion
- bell pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- whole mushrooms
- Benissimo Mediterranean Garlic Olive Oil – enough to marinate the chicken
Making these kabobs takes just a few minutes.
1. Begin by washing the chicken, patting it dry, and cutting the breasts into cubes.
2. Next, place the chicken into a dish, and add enough Mediterranean Garlic Olive Oil to cover.
3. Allow to marinate anywhere from 2 hours to overnight. Remember, the longer you marinate, the better they taste!
4. When ready, wash your vegetables, then slice the onion and bell pepper into pieces large enough to fit on the skewers.
5. Begin adding the meat and vegetable to skewers, alternating between the chicken and vegetables. Tip: start and finish with a piece of chicken to keep your vegetables from sliding off.
6. Once your skewers are ready, drizzle a small amount of the Olive Oil over them, then place on the grill.
8. Grill for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, turning at least one time.
Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs Printable Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts,, sliced into cubes
- 1 medium Vidalia onion
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- 1 package whole mushrooms
- ½ cup Benissimo Mediterranean Garlic Olive Oil, enough to marinate chicken
- 1 package Skewers, wood or metal
- Wash and dry the chicken breasts then cut into cubes.
- Place into a dish, add enough Mediterranean Garlic Olive Oil to cover the chicken.
- Allow to marinate anywhere from 2 hours to over night.
- Once chicken is finished, remove from dish to a separate plate.
- Rinse, then slice the onion and bell pepper into pieces large enough to fit on the skewers.
- Begin adding meat and vegetable to skewers, alternating between the chicken and vegetables. Tip: start and finish with a piece of chicken to keep your vegetables from sliding off.
- Once your skewers are ready, drizzle a small amount of the Olive Oil over them, then place on grill.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
How long you choose to marinate the chicken is up to you, although I highly suggest a minimum of 2 hours.
Serving Size:1 kabob
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
Benissimo Gourmet Flavored Olive Oils
As a lover of gourmet olive oils, I couldn’t wait to try some of Benissimo Gourmet Flavored Olive Oils! Benissimo infuses their extra virgin olive oil with fresh dehydrated herbs and spices to create a variety of delicious flavored oils such as Siciliano Garlic, Roasted Garlic, Italiano, Basil & Sun Dried Tomato and many more, including the one I used in this Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs, Mediterranean Garlic.
Benissimo Mediterranean Garlic Olive Oil is infused with minced garlic, thyme, basil, and oregano for a delicious Mediterranean taste. This gourmet extra virgin olive oil is perfect for use as a marinade for chicken, fish, and shrimp, as well as a topping over steamed vegetables.
I love the way the oil looks in its bottle – the rich, golden color with the spices and herbs on display – it makes a beautiful addition to any kitchen.
Another delicious recipe for which I have used this Olive Oil is a basic Olive Oil dip for bread like you find at restaurants. It goes great with a meal of pasta!
Simply pour a dab of oil in a small bowl, add a dash of salt and pepper, stir and you are good to go! Heat a loaf of French bread in the oven, slice it thinly, and then serve.
Where to Buy Benissimo Oils
Hongar Farms (and Benissimo) oils and vinegars can be purchased directly through the Hongar Farms site, as well as at select stores across the country. They offer a delectable selection of gourmet olive oils and vinegars, all of which can be seen on their website.