Thailand is famous for its beach resorts and beautiful vistas, its rich history and culture, exciting nightlife, and more. It’s no wonder that so many are buying property in Thailand. But only the most informed people know of the best Thai destinations that successfully combine the noisy night markets, numerous bars, rich cultural heritage, and the normal life of the locals. Such a beneficial combination of advantages makes buying apartments in Chonburi de Mar for foreigners an exciting option.
If you are considering buying property in Thailand, we recommend visiting both the region and the city of Chonburi to learn about the area, its people, and its culture. Read on for more!
The History of the Chonburi Region in Thailand
The capital of the Chonburi region is the eponymous city of Chonburi. In Thai, it means “city of water”. Its coat of arms depicting a large ship is quite fitting especially since the port in Chonburi has long been a key part of the trade industry with the rest of the region.
The city was originally founded by the Khmer, but power was later passed to the rulers of Ayutthaya. After it collapsed, the province fell to Burma. Later, General Thaksin was able to achieve unification and expel the Burmese. This is how the region called Thonburi, now known as Chonburi, came into being.
The City of Chonburi in Thailand
The city of Chonburi is the administrative capital of the province and is industrially developed. While there are also industrial satellite towns built in the vicinity of Chonburi, the city itself is famous for being one of the largest suppliers of seafood to nearby cities and provinces.
Chonburi is home to a busy fishing harbor where in the evening you can watch hundreds of fishermen head out to the open sea for their catch. In the south of the city are large oyster nurseries, so it’s no surprise that the most popular dish is oysters, as well as other seafood.
While there are a few attractions, the sea is not very clean, and there is a large fishing port and market. But in the suburbs of Chonburi, it’s a completely different story.
For example, the town of Ang Sila is highly appreciated by tourists. In the evenings they have a promenade along the local Wolkin Street, where you can visit bars and stores. Nearby along the seashore, there are oyster plantations. And there are also several premium seafood restaurants where you can eat some of the most delicious fresh oysters near the shore.
Benefits of Buying Real Estate in the Region of Chonburi
In addition to being a popular tourist destination, the region of Choburi is quickly becoming a prime place for buying property in Thailand. There are plenty of reasons why including:
- Chonburi is one of the most popular tourist provinces in Thailand. Only 81 kilometers from Bangkok, it has long been known for its magnificent beaches and sea views. The surrounding area welcomes foreign visitors with multiple alluring destinations and interesting sightseeing.
- Tourist attractions in Chonburi are available to all visitors. Adventurers can visit Khao Sam Muk, where there is a Chinese shrine and cactus gardens on top of the hill, as well as see many wild monkeys along the slopes.
- Chonburi is also a beach lover’s paradise, with hot spots like Bang Saen, Pattaya, and Lan Island.
- You can also visit the Nong Mon store, a place to sell local souvenirs, products (fish curry, Khao Lam or sweet sticky rice in bamboo, sweet banana, taro chips, and candied fruits), and handicrafts.
- The most famous town in Chonburi province is Pattaya, one of Asia’s premier beach resorts, which is equally suitable for families, couples, and single visitors. Other coastal towns in Pattaya and Chonburi have many accommodation options, from luxury beach resorts to simple guesthouses.
- Sports enthusiasts will find plenty of golf courses and a full range of beach activities.
- Like most provincial capitals, Chonburi has a central market where locals can buy everything from groceries, clothing, and other materials to appliances. A night market is also open.
Real Estate for Sale in Chonburi
Today, buying apartments in Chonburi is the easiest and simplest of all possible ownership options in Thailand. The law allows foreigners to purchase ownership of up to 49% of the total condominium area, and if the condominium consists of several buildings, the quota can fall entirely on one building.
When registering real estate in the name of a foreigner, there is one important requirement: the funds for the purchase must come from abroad, in compliance with the established domestic procedures, and the purpose of the payment, corresponds to the purpose of purchase.
The extensive catalog of available real estate in Chonburi Thailand-Real Estate provides an exclusive collection of affordable housing on the seashore. Being a comfortable place for vacation, buying property in Thailand is a great long-term investment as well. High demand among foreign tenants gives the homeowner an opportunity to get sound income.
The Key Takeaways
The Thai real estate market has its own characteristics. The market is rapidly evolving and constantly increasing. That is why it is necessary to accurately comply with all the laws of the market. Before you consider buying property in Thailand, be sure to familiarize yourself with the real estate market in Thailand and the history of the market in the country.
It is also advisable to use the services of well-proved consultants who are licensed and have plenty of experience. That way, the risk of your investing in Thailand does not exceed the risk of investing in any other country in the world.