Chicken, Avocado & Bacon Soft Tacos: Old El Paso Game Day Recipes
With the big game just a few weeks away, I have been busy perfecting several game day recipes. Tacos are always a great game day go to, but this year I wanted to do something a little different. So instead of making the typical beef tacos, I decided to make Chicken, Avocado & Bacon Soft Tacos!
Not only are these soft tacos amazingly delicious, they are also super easy to make. It took me just 20 minutes to have everything prepped, cooked, set up and ready to go! Now I’ll have plenty of time to sit back and enjoy the game instead of spending all day in the kitchen cooking!
Ready to make these Chicken, Avocado & Bacon Soft Tacos?
First you’ll need to pick up a few ingredients. I found everything I needed for these tasty tacos at my local Publix including an Old El Paso Soft Taco Dinner Kit, an Avocado from Mexico, chicken breasts, bacon, salsa, lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes.
The Old El Paso Dinner Kits really make game day prep easy. They come with pretty much everything you need including seasoning, taco sauce, and whichever type shells you prefer. Just one Soft Taco Dinner Kit includes enough tortillas for 10 soft tacos, making two kits the perfect amount for a small game day gathering!
Party Tip: set up a game day taco bar! Not only is it fast and easy, it also allows everyone to make their tacos the exact way they want.
Chicken Avocado & Bacon Soft Tacos Recipe
And now…the handy printable, followed by your chance to enter to win $20 PayPal cash giveaway!
Chicken, Avocado & Bacon Soft Tacos
- 1 Old El Paso Soft Taco Kit
- comes with taco seasoning, mild taco sauce and soft tacos
- 1 Avocado
- 5 strips of bacon crumbled
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 cup of fresh diced tomato
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 lime
- Begin preparing your ingredients by slicing the chicken breasts into bite size pieces, and seasoning them with the taco seasoning from the dinner kit and a drizzle of fresh lime juice. Place the chicken to the side, then slice the ingredients for the toppings including the tomato, the avocado, and any other toppings you selected. Be sure to add a sprinkle of lime juice to the sliced avocado!
- Tip: I like to go ahead and put all of my toppings into separate bowls so I can quickly set up the game day mini taco bar!
- If using the oven to heat the soft tacos, this a good time to go ahead and place them in to begin warming. If using the microwave you can save this for last.
- Now, cook the bacon in a large skillet, then set it off to the side on a paper towel. Do not drain all of the bacon grease from the skillet as you will want to reserve at least 2 tablespoons for extra flavor.
- Place the chicken into the skillet with the bacon grease, add a little bit more of the included taco seasoning, and another squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Once the chicken is finished all that's left to do is crumble the bacon, place it in another small bowl, and set up all of the ingredients on the table so people can begin making their Chicken, Avocado & Bacon Soft Tacos however they please.