Tender chicken and rotini pasta are smothered in a delectable pesto sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese in this quick and easy Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta recipe.
This creamy pesto chicken pasta recipe is an easy dinner that’s packed full of delicious Mediterranean flavors. So simple. Yet, so delicious!
How to Make Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta
This pesto pasta is one of those recipes that’s absolutely perfect for weeknights. It’s made with store-bought pesto (although you can totally use homemade pesto), heavy cream, and parmesan cheese. It comes together in 25 minutes or less. And it tastes great!
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. P.S. I only recommend products that I use and love.
Kitchen Tools You May Need
Chicken Pesto Pasta Ingredients
This easy dinner recipe calls for a few common ingredients including:
- Tri-Color Rotini
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- skinless boneless chicken breasts
- garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- heavy cream
- parmesan cheese
It doesn’t get any easier than this Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta recipe. Simply sauté some chunks of chicken breast with a little seasoning. Add in the pesto and cooked pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. And, that’s it. You’re done!
What Type of Pasta Should I Use?
I used tri-color rotini, but fusilli, Cavatappi, Conchiglie, or even bowties would also work well. However, I can’t say how well alternative kinds of pasta like gluten-free, rice, chickpea, or even whole wheat pasta would work. Because these kinds of pasta absorb sauce differently than semolina pasta, they may not work the same in this recipe.
Mix It Up! Tasty Add-Ins for Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta
Another thing I love about this easy pesto pasta recipe is that it’s crazy versatile. There are all sorts of things you can add to it. Cherry tomatoes. Mushrooms. Sun-dried tomatoes. Asparagus. The sky’s the limit!
More Delicious Easy Pasta Dinner Recipes
Looking for more easy dinner recipes like this Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta? Check these out:
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- Cheesy Beef and Noodle Casserole
- Spaghetti and Meatballs with Fresh Garden Vegetables
- 1 16 oz package of tri-color rotini pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1½ tbsp Exta Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts , cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup pesto
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Begin by boiling a large pot of lightly salted water, then add pasta and cook according to insturctions on box for al dente.
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken breasts into strips, and season with salt and pepper.
- Then heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet oven medium heat until the butter is completely melted.
- Add in the fresh minced garlic and saute for about 1 minute before adding chicken strips.
- Cook until chicken is completely white on the outside.
- Reduce heat, then stir in the heavy cream, pesto, Parmesan cheese, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
- Drain pasta, and add it to the chicken and sauce.
- Mix well and serve, sprinkling some more Parmesan cheese on top.
Serving Size:1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 731Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 349mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 31g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.