Small, tender loaves of homemade lemon bread are drizzled with a sweet lemon glaze in this Mini Lemon Bread Loaves recipe.
Please note, I added Amazon affiliate links to make shopping easy. If you make a purchase through these links, I’ll make a small bonus at no extra charge to you.
Homemade treats make for great gifts, especially around the holidays. So when I received a Good Cook Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Pan as a Good Cook blogger, I knew exactly what I was going to make – homemade Mini Lemon Bread Loaves for the holidays!
Many of you know that as a Good Cook blogger, I often receive their products to try out and review. The Nonstick Mini Loaf (aff. link) pan is the latest item I received, along with a package of their beautiful White Snow Flake Parchment Paper (aff. link) Both are part of the Good Cook Sweet Creations line which is their baking and decoration product line. This particular pan has 4 wells, each of which hold about 1 cup, the perfect size for mini bread loaves, mini meatloaf, and so much more. This year I decided to make Mini Lemon Bread Loaves, and here is the recipe so you can give it a try yourself!
- FOR THE BREAD
- 1 cup of shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 5 to 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the shortening and the sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, thoroughly blending after each addition.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add some of the flour, salt and baking powder mixture into the creamed mixture, then add some milk and blend well. Repeat until all of the dry mixture and all of the milk has been combined with the creamed mixture and blended well.
- Pour the batter into each mini loaf pan, filling about 2/3 full. Although the pan is non-stick, I did spray them with a little bit of cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of each loaf comes out clean.
- Place pan on a wire rack.
- Combine the glaze ingredients, then pour over each loaf while warm.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan.
Serving Size:1 loaf
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1469Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 222mgSodium: 937mgCarbohydrates: 217gFiber: 3gSugar: 135gProtein: 20g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
Want a Mini Loaf Pan of your own? Check out all of Sweet creations products on Amazon!