Today’s post featuring a Pasta Primavera with Shrimp recipe has been sponsored by momsmeet.com. Regardless, all opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.
Tender shrimp, fresh sauteed vegetables and pasta are coated in a light garlic, lemon-olive oil sauce topped with parmesan and fresh basil in this one-pot Pasta Primavera with Shrimp recipe.
This Shrimp Pasta Primavera recipe is a classic Italian dish that’s packed with veggies, pasta, and shrimp. It’s quick, easy, flavorful and filling, and perfect year-round. Best of all, it’s a one-pot meal which means less mess to clean!
One thing that really makes this pasta primavera with shrimp dish stand out is the light olive oil-based sauce flavored with garlic and lemon. However, I didn’t use just any old EVOO. Instead, I used a 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil that I was sent from MomsMeet and Flavor Your Life which really helped bring out the authentic Italian flavor of the dish.
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL – FLAVOR YOUR LIFE
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a key ingredient that is found in kitchens around the world. The versatile oil can be used in a wide range of dishes and has many uses when it comes to food. But not all olive oils are the same. The flavor of these oils varies considerably, and a particular oil may be more suited for a particular dish.
The local weather, the soil, the variety of olive, and the knowledge and experience of those who carefully cultivate the orchards of olive trees all influence the characteristics of the different oils produced.
If you’re not sure about all the many flavors and characteristic olive oils can have, no worries. The Flavor Your Life campaign is dedicated to educating consumers in North America about authentic extra-virgin olive oil from Europe.
Teaching about the rich history, benefits, and delicious properties of European extra-virgin olive oil so you can learn how to use EVOO to its fullest potential and see why EVOO has been a staple in European cuisine for generations.
Le Stagioni d’ Italia Extra Virgin Olive Oil is one example of an authentic European EVOO whose rich and robust flavor makes creating authentic Italian meals easy. Harvested in Italy, and processed in their state-of-the-art facility in Northern Italy, this 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil is cold pressed, vegan, gluten free, and contains no additives or preservatives.
Its flavor is best described as having hints of artichoke and almond, with a medium bitter and spicy aftertaste as well as green bright fruity aroma within leafy feel. And with a high smoking point at 400 degrees, it’s great for cooking and baking.
It’s the perfect 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil for bringing out the flavor in this Pasta Primavera with Shrimp recipe.
HOW TO MAKE PASTA PRIMAVERA WITH SHRIMP
Pasta Primavera is a classic Italian pasta dish that’s full of flavor and easy to make. In 30 minutes or less, you can have a delicious meal of pasta, vegetables and proteins. It’s also a very versatile dish allowing you to swap the type of noodles and add whatever vegetables and proteins you desire.
Since shrimp is a favorite, this Pasta Primavera with Shrimp recipe provided by Flavor Your Life was a must-try!
You will find the complete ingredients and detailed instructions in the free printable recipe card at the end of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. P.S. I only recommend products that I use and love.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE SHRIMP PASTA PRIMAVERA
This delicious dish calls for just a few common ingredients whose flavors meld together beautifully.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Penne or fusilli pasta
- Large Shrimp
- Fresh Garlic
- Frozen broccoli florets
- Frozen green peas
- Green beans
- Cherry tomatoes
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt – freshly ground
- Pepper – freshly ground
- Lemon zest
- Fresh Basil (for garnishing) – optional but recommended
- Red pepper flakes (for garnishing) – optional
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE PASTA PRIMAVERA WITH SHRIMP
It really doesn’t get any easier than this Shrimp Pasta Primavera recipe. Plus, it can all be made in one pot!
STEP ONE: COOK PASTA
Begin by cooking pasta in a large pot according to the package instructions, adding in the garlic, salt, and pepper.
STEP TWO: STIR IN GREEN BEANS AND BROCOLLI
About five minutes before the pasta is finished, slowly add in the broccoli and green beans. Cover the pot and return to a boil for 5 minutes (add more water if needed).
STEP THREE: ADD IN SHRIMP, VEGGIES, AND EVOO
Next, add in the shrimp, peas, tomatoes, and extra virgin olive oil. Sit, cover, and continue cooking until the shrimp and pasta are cooked through.
STEP FOUR: TOSS TO COAT
Remove the pot from the heat. Add the lemon zest and parmesan cheese, tossing to coat.
STEP FIVE: SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
Add more salt and pepper if needed.
STEP SIX: SERVE, GARNISH, ENJOY
Now all that’s left is to serve the pasta primavera in bowls, and top with basil, parmesan, and red pepper flakes.
WHY DO I NOT DRAIN THE WATER AFTER COOKING THE PASTA IN THIS RECIPE?
While I was prepping the ingredients, I had my husband read aloud the instructions. When he was done, he was wondering if it would turn our right since the step where you drain the water from the cooked pasta appeared to be missing. But that step is not missing.
This is because this Pasta Primavera with Shrimp recipe uses the pasta water to make the sauce. One key to getting a light sauce without it being oily is to use some of the starchy cooking water from the pasta. It works as a binder and a thickener, helping the sauce cling to the pasta while giving you moisture with lots of flavor.
TIPS FOR COOKING WITH 100% ITALIAN EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
Here are some simple tips for cooking with olive oil.
- Use olive oil as salad dressings or as a condiment over mild foods, like vegetables, fish, eggs, or potatoes.
- Pair more robust flavored oils with hearty foods like steak or spicy soup.
- With a high smoking point of 400°F, extra virgin olive oil is suitable for cooking and can enhance any dish by drizzling it on as a finisher.
- 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil is best stored in a cool, dark cupboard around 57 degrees F.
- If kept away from heat and light in a sealed container, EVOO can be used for up to 6 months after opening.
PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD PASTA PRIMAVERA WITH SHRIMP
- 4 tbsps. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-pound (500g) short pasta like penne or fusilli
- 10 oz Large Shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 oz) bag of frozen broccoli florets
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 6 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¾ cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1½ tsp Salt – freshly ground
- ¾ tsp. Pepper – freshly ground
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- ¼ cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped (for garnishing) – optional but recommended
- Red pepper flakes (for garnishing) - optional
- Cook pasta in a large pot according to directions on the package, adding garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Five minutes before the pasta is fully cooked, stir in the broccoli and green beans.
- Cover pot and return to a boil for 5 minutes (add more water if needed).
- Add the shrimp, peas, tomatoes, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir, cover, and continue cooking until shrimp and pasta are cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Add the lemon zest and parmesan cheese. Toss to coat.
- Season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve pasta primavera with shrimp in bowls, topping with basil, red pepper flakes, and addition cheese.
Serving Size:1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 1264mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 20g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.