Rich and creamy peanut butter is swirled with strawberry jam, old-fashioned oats and honey roasted peanuts for a deliciously healthy, crunchy snack! Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola.
Now that the holiday’s are over, it’s time to get back into the swing of things with work, school and afternoon activities. Since we always have a full schedule, I like to keep an eye out for quick, easy and healthy recipes that I can send to school and serve at home. Something with a flavor that everyone will enjoy – like peanut butter and jelly.
Peanut butter and jelly have long been a favorite around here whether it’s for lunch or an afternoon snack. My stepson is always asking me to send him with a peanut better and jelly sandwich. But eating the same thing day after day can get boring. So I decided to take things step further and see what other recipes I could make with peanut butter and jelly. And that’s when it hit me. Peanut butter, jelly and granola!
Over the last several months, I’ve been on a homemade granola kick. It doesn’t get any easier – or healthier – than tossing a few ingredients into a bowl, mixing them together and then throwing them in the oven for about 15 minutes. Plus, granola’s a very versatile food. You can eat it by itself, add it to a bowl of milk, and even pair it with your favorite yogurt! This particular granola recipe combines old-fashioned oats, honey roasted peanuts and everyone’s favorite flavors – peanut butter and jelly!
To make this Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola, I used Smucker’s Strawberry Jam along with Jif Creamy Peanut Butter. But you can use pretty much any flavor jelly or jam, and throw in whatever extras you want. Raisins, dried strawberries, cranberries, pecans..the sky’s the limit! I think next time I am going to try it with blackberry jam. Just be sure to try pairing this PB&J granola with some creamy vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit for a perfectly delicious and healthy snack!
Here is a video on how to make this delectable Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola! And there is a printable recipe at the bottom of this post, too.
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola
What You Need to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola
You can find the complete ingredients and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- old fashion oats
- creamy peanut butter
- Strawberry jam, or your favorite jam/jelly
- vanilla extract
- honey roasted peanuts
- chopped pecans
Directions to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola
Making homemade peanut butter and jelly granola recipe couldn’t be easier!
- combine the honey, peanut butter, jam, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir.
- toss it in the microwave in 30-second intervals until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- then add in the oats and peanuts, and stir until completely mixed.
- spread the mixture out in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet, then toss it in the oven to bake for a few minutes.
- Once it’s finished, let it cool before eating. It’ll crisp up as it cools.
Printable Recipe for Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola
Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola
- 2 cups of old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup your favorite jam or jelly
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, jam, honey, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until smooth.
- Add oats and peanuts, stirring until completely combined.
- Use a Silpat or spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and spread granola evenly in a single layer
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir, and allow to cool completely.
For a gluten-free granola, use gluten free oats.
Add in whatever mix-ins you prefer.