Our love affair with chocolate started 4000 years ago in Mesoamerica. It is as if the Mayan Gods had bestowed a source of eternal bliss on humanity through chocolate.
There are very few things in the world that can calm us down after a hectic day like a piece of chocolate.
Chocolate also makes for a great gift. It doesn’t matter what the occasion is, chocolate goes with basically everything! Here are six reasons why chocolate makes the perfect gift for any occasion.
Chocolate is universal. There is not one culture or country in the world that has not been touched by the appeal of chocolate. Whether it is the cocoa beans grown in Ghana or the famous brand of chocolate made in Australia or Belgium, chocolate is available and appreciated everywhere.
Chocolates are appreciated by people of any gender, race, religion, creed, age, and socio-economic background. This is why it’s universal.
It is also appropriate for any occasion. Whether it is in family gatherings, office parties, birthdays, anniversaries, or a simple “thinking of you” gift, chocolate hampers from the Hamper Emporium in Australia are perfect for any occasion.
And why exactly is chocolate so universal? It is because of its effect on our brains when we consume it. That brings us to the next reason why chocolate and chocolate hampers make the perfect gift.
The effect chocolate has on our brains and endorphins is remarkable. This truly makes chocolate a mood-boosting food and is another reason why chocolate makes the perfect gift! Here is a list of the chemical compounds that are naturally present in chocolate and how they affect our brain.
- Caffeine: Caffeine in chocolate works as a stimulant and counteracts a neurotransmitter called adenosine. The result is the boost of energy we feel when our muscles contract and our heart rate increase. This is the characteristic energy boost we feel from caffeine present in chocolate.
- Tryptophan: This is available in very small quantities in chocolate. The brain uses this amino acid compound to make the happiness hormone called serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter responsible for us feeling happy and joyful. Hence chocolate makes us happy.
- Phenylethylalanine: this is an organic compound naturally found in chocolate. This chemical is what gives us the feeling of euphoria and excitement. This is also what makes us feel the butterflies we feel when we see someone we love. This explains why we have probably fallen in love with chocolate at first bite.
- Theobromine: this is another stimulant that works with caffeine to enhance the feeling of getting more energized.
These chemicals that are naturally present in chocolate provide a boost in our mood that leaves us feeling energized and happy.
What better gift than a mood-altering gift that literally produces happiness? Hence, chocolate hampers are the perfect gift for any occasion.
We give gifts to people we love – this concept is applicable and universal to any gift exchange between two humans, no matter the relationship.
Whether it is for your mom, dad, siblings, grandparents, partner, spouse, child, best friend, family member, or even a coworker, you are giving a gift because you love them in some way.
Chocolate has transcended from being an object to an expression – one that speaks the language of love.
Because of the chemical reactions that chocolate causes in human brains, chocolate has been associated with feelings of love and happiness.
This is why you will see chocolate as the most-sold product along with flowers on Valentine’s Day.
And because love is the reason you gift, chocolate hampers make a perfect gift for any occasion or holiday.
Another reason why chocolate makes the perfect gift is because chocolate is also one of the healthiest gifts you can give!
Chocolate – particularly dark chocolate that has at least 70% cocoa content – is extremely healthy for human bodies. thanks to the high levels of antioxidants it contains.
The antioxidant that is the most potent in chocolate is called epicatechin. Epicatechin is a plant compound (called flavonols). Flavanols are proven to be a potent anti-inflammatory compound that provides protection to cells against damage from free radicals.
Here are some health benefits of consuming chocolate:
- Immune system support: The antioxidants in chocolate help support the immune system by reducing oxidative stress on the system. Oxidative stress is an immune system imbalance that happens when cells in the body go on overdrive to fight against free radicals in the system.
This oxidative stress can be the cause of many diseases down the line. The immune system support we get from chocolate helps us stay healthy.
- Heart-healthy: The antioxidants in dark chocolate boost blood circulation, increase the heart rate, prevent clots from forming, and lower blood pressure. All of these things contribute to better heart health. A great way to manage your heart health.
- Combats diabetes: Epicatechin in dark chocolate generally aids in reversing cellular damage, which then makes the cells better at utilizing the insulin the body produces. This can lead to combating diabetes.
With so many health benefits of chocolate, it would be practically a shame to not gift this superfood to your loved ones.
Whether it is at the office, gym, or at home, today’s fast-paced, busy life has us all running on an empty stomach every now and then.
This is where chocolate and its antioxidants can help. It has the ability to actually improve our daily performance by:
- Improving physical performance: Epicatechin in dark chocolate produces nitric oxide in the blood system, which is necessary to circulate and increase the supply of oxygen in the blood.
This is a very important function to allow athletes to endure extended periods of physical exertion through working out or other sports activities. So, a small piece of dark chocolate in your pre-workout meal will boost your ability to extend your cardio for longer.
- Sharpening brain function: More recent research suggests that flavanols sharpen brain function like improved alertness, more attention to detail, better memory, improved awareness of visual and spatial details, and faster response time.
All this explains why a small piece of chocolate is a perfect “pick me up” at 3 pm at work to get you through the rest of the day.
- Combating stress: As discussed in the previous section, chocolate contributes to the production of serotonin. Epicathetin also helps lower the blood cortisol level – the hormone that the body produces when stressed. This reduces the stress level we experience.
Some researchers suggest that the heart-healthy factor of dark chocolate also contributes to managing stress better in general.
What better gift can you give your loved one than something that will brighten their day, reduce their stress, and improve their daily performances to meet their life goals. Yet another reason why chocolate makes the perfect gift for any gift-giving occasion.
Gift-giving is a tradition we need to continue despite all odds or a limited budget.
This is where chocolate comes to our rescue. As luxurious and decadent as chocolate is, it is also a very affordable product.
Thanks to the several gift retailers and services out there, chocolate also comes in beautiful packaging such as chocolate hampers that look luxurious but still within an affordable range.
Chocolates make great holiday gifts for friends and family. So, whether you intend on spending $10 on a Secret Santa present, $100 for Mother’s Day, or more on your lover, you will find some kind of chocolate to gift in any price range.
Best of all, the recipient will feel pampered and spoiled when you gift them chocolate – thanks to its universal appeal.
Conclusion As to Why Chocolate Hampers Make the Perfect Gift
There you have it. We have given you six solid reasons why chocolate and chocolate hampers makes the perfect gift for any occasion.
With such huge health benefits and their effects on our moods, happiness, and our daily performance, what is there to not love about chocolate?
It is so easy nowadays to have chocolate hampers created and delivered to your loved one’s doors. And thanks to its affordability, there is really no financial strain involved either.
Just make sure there the recipient has no chocolate allergies before you decide to gift them this luxurious, beautiful gift from the Mayan Gods.