This shop, featuring a Caramel Almond Vanilla Ice Cream Torte, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #TopYourSummer #CollectiveBias
Slightly softened vanilla ice cream is packed into a springform pan, placed in the freezer to harden, then topped with caramel and almonds, and then frozen some more until ready to serve.
It’s summer, and here in the South that means one thing – its HOT! I live in Central Alabama, and summers down here are brutal. If you don’t find ways to keep yourself cool, you’re likely to just cook away. We make sure to drink plenty of liquids and eat lots of delicious, cold treats. And one of our favorite cold treats is Blue Bunny® ice cream.
Blue Bunny® ice cream has always been a family favorite. On a cone, in a bowl or in a dessert, cold and creamy Blue Bunny® ice cream is the ideal way to beat the heat! Have you seen the new clear packaging? I love how it allows you to see all of the delicious flavor swirls inside. And speaking of Blue Bunny® ice cream and summertime treats, one of our favorite desserts is this simple and scrumptious Caramel Almond Vanilla Ice Cream Torte!
Three simple ingredients make up this Caramel Almond Vanilla Ice Cream Torte – Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla, Smucker’s Caramel Spoonable Ice Cream Topping, and sliced almonds. It sounds so simple – and it is! Plus, the results are so very, very good! The creamy vanilla ice cream and buttery caramel are perfect together, and the thin slivers of almonds lend the perfect amount of crunch to this ice cream torte.
Ready to see how to make this fantastic summer treat?
Caramel Almond Vanilla Ice Cream Torte
What You Need
2 containers Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Smucker’s Caramel Scoopable Ice Cream Topping
1 – 1.5 cups sliced almonds
9″ springform pan
Ice cream scoop
What To Do
Tip: before getting started, place the 9-inch springform pan and an ice cream scoop in the freezer for 15 minutes. Working with cold tools keeps the ice cream from melting as fast.
To make the torte, begin by placing both containers of Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla ice cream in the fridge to soften. You don’t want it so soft as to be melted, but more like the consistency of soft serve.
Next, scoop and press the softened ice cream evenly into the pan, leveling as you go with the back of the scoop or a spatula. Once the pan is filled, smooth the top with a wet spatula, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 6 hours. I like to leave mine overnight to ensure the ice cream gets nice and firm.
About 45 minutes to 1 hour before serving time, unmold the torte. Once frozen, the ice cream torte should easily release from pan. If it doesn’t, wipe the outside of the pan with a hot cloth, then run a hot knife around the inside; unlatch and remove the collar. Leave the bottom of the springform pan in place for easy serving later on.
Smooth the edges of the torte with a spatula run under warm water. Then, using a knife dipped in very hot water and then dried, slice the cake into individual pieces. Re-dip and dry the knife for each cut you make.
Next, top the torte with 1 cup of Smucker’s Caramel Spoonable topping and 1/2 cup sliced almonds. Return the Caramel Almond Vanilla Ice Cream Torte once more to the freezer for about 20 to 30 minutes to let the caramel and ice cream harden.
Now all that’s left to do is serve and enjoy!
See? I told you it was easy! And the best thing about ice cream tortes – they don’t have to be perfect because they melt! Speaking of easy, the handy-dandy printable version of this Caramel Almond Vanilla Ice Cream Torte recipe can be found at the end of this post.
Beat the Heat with Blue Bunny® at Walmart
This summer we’re stocking up on Blue Bunny® ice cream to help beat the heat. With so many wonderful varieties such as Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla, Blue Bunny® Salted Caramel Craze, and Blue Bunny® Mint Chocolate Chip, it’s hard to pick just one! Besides, purchasing a few different flavors at a time is like having your own personal ice cream shop in your home!
You can find the many Blue Bunny® ice cream flavors at Walmart in their new clear packaging. And while you’re there, don’t forget to pick up your favorite Smucker’s toppings – they’re a great way to add some fun to your summer ice cream!
Want some more delicious ways to beat the heat? Get ideas for summer ice cream fun.
What is your favorite Blue Bunny® flavor?
The Handy-Dandy Printable Recipe
Caramel Almond Vanilla Ice Cream Torte
- 2 gallons Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 - 1.5 cups Smucker's Caramel Spoonable Ice Cream Topping
- 1/2 to 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Put a 9-inch springform pan and an ice cream scoop in the freezer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, let the vanilla ice cream soften at room temperature.
- 2. Remove the pan from the freezer. Scoop and press the ice cream evenly into the pan, leveling as you go with the back of the scoop or a spatula.
- 3. Once the pan is filled, smooth the top with a wet spatula, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- 4. About 45 minutes to 1 hour before serving time, unmold the torte.
- 5. If needed, smooth the edges with a spatula run under warm water, then pop the torte back into the freezer for about 30 minutes so that the warmed sides can re-firm.
- 6. Remove from freezer and top with 1 cup Smucker's Spoonable caramel sauce and 1/2 to 3/4 cup sliced almonds. At this point you can either serve immediately, or return the torte to the freezer for another 30 minutes to let the caramel harden.
- 7. Slice, serve and enjoy.
- once frozen, the ice cream torte should easily release from pan. If it doesn't, wipe the outside of the pan with a hot cloth, then run a hot knife around the inside. Adapted from Real Simple