Soft, chewy, sweet, and oh-so-good Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Cookies! You won’t believe my secret ingredient – Gerber Oatmeal Baby Cereal!
If you have children then chances are you either have or have had several containers of baby cereal. What did you so with those containers once your child moved on to solids? Did you throw them away? Or perhaps give them away? Or are they still sitting in your pantry? Well I have some great news for you – hang on to that leftover baby cereal! Why? Because there is all sorts of amazingly delicious recipes you can make using it – and I’m talking recipes that are for the whole family – not just for babies! An example? These mouth-watering Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Cookies!
While I’ve always known you can make all sorts of foods using leftover Gerber fruits and veggies products, it wasn’t until recently that I discovered that Gerber Cereal is also great for cooking and baking! In fact, just this week I made a batch of Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Cookies that were so yummy they were gone within a few days. They were soft, and chewy, and sweet, and oh-so-good! You won’t believe how good until you try it for yourself!
Ready to see how to make these delicious Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Cookies?
Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
Makes about 25-30 Small Cookies,
Here’s What You Need
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) of margarine or butter; softened (Tip: substitute applesauce for a more moist cookie)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 to 2 1/2 cups Gerber Oatmeal Cereal, Single Grain
1 cup of raisins (Tip: if you let the raisins sit in hot water for a few minutes, then strain before adding, it makes them cook extra plump and juicy!)
Here’s What To Do
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease two cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, and margarine; then beat until light and fluffy.
3. Next, add the vanilla and the egg; blending well.
4. Now add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; and mix until completely combined.
5. Next, slowly stir in the Gerber Oatmeal Cereal, followed by the raisins.
6. Drop by the teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheets, and bake at 375° for around 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them sit on the cookie sheet for one more minute. Then remove from the sheet to a wire rack and let the Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Cookies cool completely.
These Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Cookies came out so chewy and delicious, it’s impossible to eat just one! When I told everyone that my secret ingredient was Gerber Oatmeal Cereal, at first they didn’t believe me, and then they were shocked! After all, we’d never thought to use baby cereal for anything other than, well baby food!
But why not use Gerber Cereal for other recipes? It’s iron-fortified, and is packed with the Vitablocks® blend of vitamins B, E, C, zinc, and calcium. It’s a great way to get lots of healthy nutrients into your family – especially if you have a picky eater!
You can find all 4 kinds of Gerber cereal at Walmart including MultiGrain Cereal, Oatmeal & Banana Cereal, Lil’ Bits Oatmeal Banana Strawberry, and the Oatmeal Cereal Single-Grain. And if you want to find even more tasty recipes, ideas and inspiration using Gerber cereal, follow the hashtag #CookingwithGerber on social media and visit the Gerber website for recipes and information on all their products.
Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Printable Recipe Card
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of margarine or butter; softened
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups Gerber Oatmeal Cereal, Single Grain
- 1 cup of raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, and margarine; beat until light and fluffy.
- Next, add the vanilla and the egg making sure to blend well.
- Now add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix until completely combined.
- Next, slowly stir in the Gerber Oatmeal Cereal, followed by the raisins.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° for around 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them sit on the cookie sheet for one more minute to finish cooking.
- Remove from the sheet to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Tip: if you let the raisins sit in hot water for a few minutes, then strain before adding, it makes them cook extra plump and juicy!
Tip: substitute the butter with applesauce for a more moist cookie!
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
Do you have a recipe idea using Gerber Cereal? Share your creative or fun ideas in the comments below!