Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe #OXOGoodCookie
Nothing beats the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven Well nothing except eating those fresh baked chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven along with an ice cold glass of milk! Hungry yet? My recipe for deliciously soft and chewy, Double Chocolate Chip Cookies will satisfy even the most discerning sweet tooth!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
As is, this recipe will make approximately 30 to 36 cookies depending on how large you make them.
Prep time: 10 – 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Making Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (can also substitute butterscotch chips)
Instructions for Making Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In mixing bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating until mixed in well.
4. Add in the vanilla.
5. In a cup, add the baking soda to the hot water, stirring until complete dissolved. Add to mix.
6. Add in salt.
7. Blend until all ingredients are well mixed.
8. While blending, slowly add each of the 3 cups of flour. Blending until thoroughly mixed with other ingredients.
9. Stir in chocolate chips.
10. Drop by the spoonful onto ungreased baking sheets.
11. Cook for 10 minutes or until edges are nicely browned.
12. Set aside to cool. Remember, the Double Chocolate Chip Cookies will continue to cook a bit as they rest, so if they do not look all the way done when you remove them from the oven, give them a few!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips can also substitute butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In mixing bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating until mixed in well
- Add in the vanilla.
- In a cup, add the baking soda to the hot water, stirring until complete dissolved. Add to mix.
- Add in salt.
- Blend until all ingredients are well mixed.
- While blending, slowly add each of the 3 cups of flour. Mix until thoroughly combined with other ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by the spoonful onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until edges are nicely browned.
- Set aside to cool.
Baking for a Cause
I love to bake simply for the joy of baking. But it means even more when I am baking for a cause, like this one.
Did you know that all of the forms of pediatric cancer combined claim the lives of more children in the United States than any other disease? Of those children diagnosed, a shocking 25% do not survive because of a lack of finding which leads to a lack of effective therapies. September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and I have joined up to Bake A Difference with OXO and Cookies for Kids’ Cancer*.
Tools that Bake a Difference
During the month of September 2013, OXO will be donating $100 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer for each blog post that is dedicated to this campaign! But that’s not all. You can help too! For every specially marked item sold, OXO will donate 25 cents in support of pediatric cancer research as part of its $100,000* pledge to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer!
OXO Good Cookie Tool Set
The kind folks at OXO sent me an OXO Good Cookie Tool Set to help with all of my cookie baking needs, and I used them to make that delicious cookie recipe above! The OXO Good Cookie Tool Set made baking so much easier, and includes:
Where to Find OXO Kitchen Tools
You can find all the OXO tools I used above directly through the OXO website, and don’t forget, any specially marked OXO baking tool purchase will result in a 25 cent donation to the Cookies for Kids Cancer organization as part of OXO’s commitment to donate up to $100,000! Let’s help them reach that goal!
What other ways can you help make a difference?
The Fine Print
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."