If the idea of having a brightly colored or decorated accent wall in your home makes you nervous, it’s time to push all those fears away! Why? Because of peel and stick wallpaper. Creating an accent wall without having to paint it is easier than ever thanks to wallpaper peel and stick.
Peel and stick wallpaper makes it easy to experiment with colors, material or patterns on your wall without having to change the foundation of your room. Using a wallpaper and creating an accent wall adds intrigue, style and class to your space. And it’s an affordable way to update your interior decor.
After all, the first thing someone notices when they enter your home is the ambiance. It depicts who you are and what your tastes are.
Whether you are a person who likes neutrals or someone who is into abstracts there are a variety of peel and stick wallpapers that you can choose from to set the mood for any room in your home.
Accent Wall Ideas
Accent walls are all the rage in the decorative industry today. Your home is a unique place and having a unique accent wall can make it even more special. There are an unlimited amount of color and design options when it comes to choosing peel and stick wallpapers for accent walls. You can pick a wallpaper design that is already available or come up with an idea to customize wallpaper for walls.
Some of the most popular accent wall ideas using peel and stick wallpapers include:
- geometric patterns
- solid colors with noticeable pattern
- bright and bold
- faux wood paneling
Tips for Creating a Unique Accent Wall
There are some things that you need to keep in mind before installing an accent wall using peel and stick wallpapers. These include:
- Textured walls and bold colors: There is much more to accent walls than just bold colors. It’s all about thinking outside the box and stepping out of your comfort zone. Your accent wall might be perfect for stripes or a textured wallpaper, something other than bold colors. There can be a gallery of photos or artwork to add texture to your wall.
- Room Size – keep in mind the size of the room when choosing the color, pattern and texture of the peel and stick wallpaper.
- Consider the other wall colors: While choosing a color for your accent wall keep in mind the color of your other walls. They should be in contrast, yet still compliment each other. Balance your strong accent wall color with your neutral wall colors. Your neutral walls can be grey or beige so that whoever enters into the room is awestruck by it.
- Choose the right wall: Rooms without an architectural feature can benefit your accent wall. A wall with windows can be an accent wall but make sure that the windows are surrounded by dark colors so that the room does not look small.
Final Thoughts Creating an Accent Wall with Peel and Stick Wallpaper
Peel and stick wallpapers are a gorgeous choice for accent walls. They can give your wall a designer look that turns your house into a home. With a wide range of colors, patterns, and designs, you’ll have no trouble finding a look you love! Best of all, they are quick and easy to apply and affordable.