Men’s oral health is directly linked to their overall health. Here are 5 reasons why he needs to take better care of his teeth.
In terms of oral health, men are more likely to have poor oral hygiene, and twice more men than women develop oral cancer. It may because men tend to think of themselves as invincible and forget to do primary body care, or perhaps it’s because they are too busy taking care of other things to bother with men’s oral health.
Whatever the reason, we should educate more men on the importance of good oral and general hygiene. If that is put in place, fewer men will be in danger of oral health diseases and old age regrets. Here are five great reasons why men should take care of their oral health.
Contrary to their beliefs, they are not supermen; therefore, they are not invincible. Whatever oral care is recommended is for both men and women. No one should feel untouchable and ignore basic care and requirements.
Another reason why men’s oral health is so important is because they are more prone to oral disease. Activities like tobacco use and alcohol intake cause oral diseases, and more men than women engage in these lifestyles. And with fewer men visiting the dentist five dock, these substances can cause real damage before they are even noticed.
Many diseases are associated with oral health, making men even more prone to those conditions if they do not take care of their oral hygiene. Oral diseases can stimulate diseases like Prostate cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, cardiovascular diseases, impotence, and some others.
More men involve themselves in sports and activities that can put their bodies and their teeth at risk. They are also more likely to participate in dangerous adventures and activities. If they are going to take such risks, then they need to have good immunity and protection against falls and hits. Good immunity and health start with healthy teeth.
5. To Be Role Models for their Children
Children look up to their dads and want to follow in their every footstep. Children also tend to follow actions rather than rules, so if they do not notice good oral hygiene, they will not practice it. Bad oral hygiene at a young age can cause painful and irreversible conditions.
So, when it comes to men’s oral health, they need to be a good role model for their children and show them the proper way to care for their teeth.
Men’s Oral Health Tips
Below are some important oral health tips for men.
- Brush your teeth daily. You should brush your teeth twice a day for a minimum of two minutes. The two minutes ensures enough time to remove plaques and bacteria that cause oral diseases.
- Floss and Rinse. After each meal, rinse your mouth to kill bacterias that can cause bad breath. Then floss to remove food particles that can decay and cause gum diseases. You can floss after meals, before or after brushing, and when you deem necessary.
- Quit bad habits. You should reduce or get rid of bad food choices and habits (smoking, alcohol intake). Remember that your oral health can influence your body health.
- Have Dentist Appointments. You should visit your dentist at least twice a year to check anything you missed and keep you in good oral health. Make an appointment with a dentist today.
Good oral health is necessary for both genders. But more awareness should be made for men to get rid of the superman syndrome and help them live a healthier life – and that starts with men’s oral health.