1. Begin by painting the wreath white. The cardboard I used to make mine was already white so I didn’t have to do any painting. Let the wreath dry completely.
2. Once the paint is dry, flip the wreath ring over to add the twine that will be used to hang the stars in the middle. Measure out enough twine to make the two lines going through the middle of the wreath, and attach the twine using glue and tape. Let dry, then flip back to the front side.
3. Next, gently flatten each of the cupcake liners with your hand, then spread them out on the wreath to make sure you have the exact amount of liners you need. Next, using the scissors, make cuts spaced out all the way around each cupcake liner going from the outside in, and stopping at the inner ring. Once cut the liners will sort of resemble a flower.
4. Now add one of the self stick rhinestones in the very middle of each of the cupcake liners.
5. The next step is to glue a patriotic cupcake liner on 3 of the white Jumbo cupcake liners, then set them to the side to dry.
6. Now, before you start gluing the liners to the wreath, arrange them in the pattern you want to make sure you have enough. Once that is done, go ahead and start gluing them to the ring beginning with the 3 Jumbo ones. Add a small dab of glue to the back and press each one in its place on the ring.
7. Once the large ones are in place, glue the remaining cupcake liners in their place on the ring, letting them overlap just the smallest amount. Tip: if using hot glue or craft glue, a small dab is really all you need. If you add too much, it could soak through the cupcake liners or look lumpy.
8. Once all of the cupcake liners are glued to the wreath, you can add the stars to the twine in the middle. To do this simply add some glue to the back side of each star, attach it to the twine in your chosen pattern, and let dry completely.
9. Now all that is left is to add a loop of twine at the top for hanging, and you are done!
I hope you enjoy this cupcake liner wreath as much as I enjoyed making it!
Have a happy and safe 4th of July!
What kind of 4th of July crafts have you made?
Like this craft? Pin it to save it, and then share it with your friends and family using the buttons above or below this post.
Looking for more patriotic ideas for your celebration? Check out these Red, White and Blue recipes!