The appearance of a second chin or a saggy neck is a problem for both women and men. While most of us assume a double chin and saggy neck are the result of obesity or age, fat deposits are not always due to age-related changes or excessive weight. Often these issues are due to internal processes or external factors. Why does a double chin occur? How can I fight this problem? What are the best ways to treat a double chin and saggy neck?
What Is a Double Chin?
A double chin is a common condition that happens when a layer of fat forms below your chin. This gives you the appearance of having two — double – chins. If the elasticity of the dermis in the neck region is reduced and the neck muscles become weak, the layer of subcutaneous fat tissue begins to swell. This leads to sagging of the skin and localized deposits of fat. Double Chin can be caused by age-related changes, excess weight, genetics, or other factors.
Ways to Avoid a Double Chin
Since there are many reasons for a double chin, there is no one easy answer as to how to avoid getting one. However, there are some tips on ways to avoid a double chin that are worth mentioning. These include:
- Weight management. Proper diet and physical activity can help eliminate the problem of a double chin while also supporting the overall health and strength of your body.
- Don’t lose weight abruptly. Overindulging in ‘model’ diets can lead to excess, flabby skin and poor health.
- Have your thyroid gland and hormone levels checked on a regular basis.
- Understand double chin prevention and incorporate it into your daily beauty routine.
Common Ways to Treat a Double Chin and Saggy Neck
If you have excess, flabby skin and/or double chins, there are some treatments available. Two of the most common include:
1. Skin Care Regimen
One of the most common ways to treat a double skin and/or saggy neck includes an effective and targeted skincare routine.
- Lightly massaging the area.
- Special exercises to strengthen the muscles.
- Nourishing the skin from the inside out with a healthy diet and supplements.
- Tightening the problem area with the help of targeted cosmetics – creams, serums, masks against the double chin. You can also use a bandage mask to restore your facial contours.
A healthy skin care regimen is one of the best ways to treat a double chin and saggy neck. Effective treatment can start with the use of a neck firming cream. A collagen anti wrinkle cream will help moisturize the skin and protect it from early aging.
A face collagen anti-wrinkle cream should be applied in the morning and evening after washing and toning, making sure to cover the area under the jaw and neck. When applying it do not smear it on your face, Instead, apply it to the skin with light strokes of your fingertips.
If you’re hoping to remove a double chin quickly, within a week, for example, a firming serum should be added to the care program. This should be applied before the cream, even twice a day.
To prevent the problem from reappearing, a special lifting face mask to combat double chin should be used regularly. It is applied to clean skin before going to bed and left on until morning.
Nourish from the Inside Out
Enriching your diet with well-known skin care supplements is another of the best ways to treat a double chin and saggy neck, Common supplements include:
- Vitamin E – promotes firming and rejuvenation of tissues.
- Vitamin C – stimulates the production of collagen fibers.
- Hyaluronic acid – a building block for the deeper layers of the skin tissue.
- Collagen for the skin – helps to strengthen the skin’s skeleton and eliminate sagging.
- L-carnosine – prevents cell aging, helps to restore elasticity and firmness to the skin.
- Biotin – prevents the breakdown of the epidermis.
- Pantothenic acid – helps fight the formation of wrinkles.
Another of the ways to treat a double chin and saggy neck includes the use of injectable enzymes and lipolytics help to get rid of the fat layer:
- Lipolytics – drugs that break down fat cells and remove them from the body;
- Enzymes are substances that, in addition to breaking down fat, activate the process of tightening the dermis after the withdrawal of the fat cells.
When injecting enzymes and lipolytics, a local weight loss can often be observed. The drugs work exclusively in the injection area. The effect becomes most noticeable about 3 weeks after the procedure. The required number of injections is determined individually, depending on the characteristics of the body and the thickness of the fat layer (from 1 to 6 procedures).
How to Lessen the Appearance of a Double Chin
Collagen, hyaluronic acid, and snail mucin are the three strongest ingredients used in cosmetology to lessen the appearance of a second chin. 30 glycolic acid pads are designed to cleanse and renew the skin, which can also be used for prevention.
Another way to lessen the appearance of a double chin is to moisturize regularly. It is best to use a moisturizer with collagen, which forms a protective layer on the dermis that holds moisture inside the cells and smooths the skin. Try using a Maryann collagen serum to tighten the skin on the neck and firm the oval of the face. After the very first use, the skin looks rejuvenated: the face contour is restored, and wrinkles are smoothed out. This serum can be applied to the face, neck, and décolleté, which significantly shortens the care time and improves performance.