7 Steps to a Perfect Summer Pedicure
Summertime is almost here, and if you haven’t already, you will soon be trading those tennis shoes and boots for some cute summer sandals! But are your feet ready to be bared?
One of my favorite ways to prepare my feet for summertime sandals is by treating myself to a DIY pedicure. It takes just minutes to prepare, and all you need are a few common items including a tub of hot water, an exfoliating scrub, a tool for getting rid of dry skin and any callouses, a pair of clippers, a nail file, an orange stick, some moisturizer, and nail polish.
The Perfect DIY Summer Pedicure in Just 7 Steps!
1. To begin, you will want to remove any old polish from your toenails. If the nails still have a yellowish cast or discoloration, try rubbing them with a lemon wedge for about one minute (lemons contain oxidizing agents which help brighten nails).
2. Next, fill a tub or basin with hot water, add a bit of bath salts or oils, then sit back and relax! Let your feet soak for at least 10 minutes as this will help to soften tough calluses and remove the dirt and grime.
3. Once the water begins to cool, use an exfoliating scrub like one of these easy DIY Sugar Scrubs to remove any dead, dry skin. Once finished, rinse your feet, then pat dry with a soft towel.
4. Now it’s time to take care of those toenails. Begin by rubbing a bit of oil on them in order to further soften them. Then, using an orange stick, gently push back the cuticles, and clean under the nails. Next, trim your nails to a reasonable length using a heavy duty clipper. You want your nail to be even with your nail bed, no shorter. Finish off with a quick file, keeping in mind that giving them a slightly rounded shape can help prevent painful ingrown nails.
5. For me, this next step – getting rid of any callouses and that tough, dry and/or cracked skin that always seems to form on your heels, the balls of your feet, and the sides of your toes – is the hardest part of any pedicure. This Spring I discovered a tool that makes it so much easier! It’s called the The Skoother® Skin Smoother! And be sure to keep reading because not only do I want to tell you all about this great new tool from The Invention Brothers.
6. Once your feet are soft and smooth, rinse with cool water, pat dry, and then massage in a nice, moisturizing lotion. Allow it to completely absorb, then pick out your favorite color polish and start painting your nails! Remember to always start with a base coat as this helps protect the nails and helps the color stay on longer. Once that is dry, follow with two thin coats of your preferred color. When those are dry, seal with a clear top coat, allow about 20 more minutes for drying, and you are finished! One last tip: whenever you go out with your feet in sandals, be sure you apply sunscreen first as your feet need to be protected from the sun’s damaging rays just like the rest of your skin!
And now I want to tell you all about that great new tool I mentioned above known as the Skoother…
Have you heard of the SKOOTHER? It’s the most effective way to quickly and easily smooth rough skin and calluses on your elbows, hands, feet, heels, and anywhere else you have rough skin. It’s unique design makes it much more effective than pumice stones, emery pads, metal graters (ouch!), motorized sanders, and other skin-smoothing gimmicks.
The Skoother has been medically tested by a team of doctors at the University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor. Its Micro-Abrasive Screen is rough enough to remove those stubborn calluses on your heels, but also gentle enough to lightly smooth the skin on more delicate areas like your hands and knees. In addition, it is easy to hold, and it conforms to your body, making it quick and easy to use. Plus, it doesn’t require any batteries, and it is super easy to clean!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of SKOOTHER. Prize delivery is the sole responsibility of The Invention Brothers / Comstock Studios Inc. Bullock’s Buzz is not responsible for prize fulfillment. Twenty-five (25) winners will be drawn randomly and notified by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond in order to claim their prize. If they do not respond within the 48 hours, they will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Void where prohibited by law. One person entering per household please. For full details please visit www.SKOOTHER.com.
image of feet with flower courtesy Pink Sherbet Photography via Flickr