Graduation Gifts for High School and College Grads
It’s hard to believe that April is almost halfway over. Soon it will be May, school will be out and graduation will be here before you know it! What type of graduation gifts are you planning on giving the graduates in your life?
Graduation, whether from high school or college, is a huge achievement that is well worth celebrating. And when someone you love graduates, you want to give them something special to show them how proud you are. If you, like me, are on a budget but still want to get a meaningful present, don’t fret, there are lots of affordable graduation gifts that are just as wonderful as the graduate in your life.
Subscription gifts can delight a grad month after month, and there are hundreds of different types you can get. Here are a few ideas:
- Season tickets: for favorite sports teams, museums, concerts and more
- Magazine subscription to their favorite magazine
- Audible: for book lovers – just $15 a month for access to one recorded book per month
- Amazon Prime: get two-day shipping of purchases and free streaming of designated movies, TV and music
- Gift-box subscriptions: hundreds from which to choose including fashion, beauty, sports, beer, wine, craft kits, coffee, gourmet foods, pet products, and so many more!
Graduation kits are a super fun graduation gift that can be tailored to your grads’ likes and wants. You can find plenty of pre-made kits for sale online, or you can make one yourself, adding something they won’t get from anyone else. For example:
- House-cleaning tools – perfect for the teen headed to college, or the college grad headed out on their own!
- Kitchen supplies: stock a kit filled with everything a recent grad would need for their first kitchen. Save money by shopping at big box stores, Goodwill or even IKEA. Be sure to add the essentials such as pots, pans, glasses, plates, silverware and cooking tools. Make it extra special by adding a few treats from the grocery store.
- Toolbox: buy a toolbox and fill it with the basic essential tools such as hammer, set of screwdrivers, wrench, nails and screws, WD-40, and a roll of duct tape.
It’s hard to go wrong with the gift of electronics! Some of the most popular electronic gifts for graduates include:
- new laptop or desktop for college or work
- Wireless speakers
- Mobile Chargers and batteries
- new smartphone
- Video streamer
- Amazon Echo
One of my favorite graduation gifts to give are gift cards! Gift cards often make the perfect gift because there are so many options available. And if you can’t decide on the exact one to get, give a general gift card like a VISA or Mastercard – that way your grad can get exactly what they want or need. Be sure to add a cute saying or a special greeting card. Here are a few gift card ideas:
- VISA gift card
- restaurant gift cards (Applebees, Outback, Brio, etc)
- department store gift cards (Macy’s, Kohls, JC Penny, etc)
- home improvement stores
Stock Up & Save on VISA Gift Cards at Albertsons
Speaking of gift cards, this week I’ve found a great DEAL on VISA gift cards at Albertsons where you can save money when you buy VISA gift cards! Here’s how it works:
–Find an Albertsons near you
– Purchase $100 or more of VISA gift cards, get $10 off!
– Use your favorite rewards card to purchase the gift cards! Many rewards credit cards offer points, miles or even a percentage back on your purchase! Plus, some credit cards even offer increased rewards for purchases made at a grocery.
– Make sure you shop between April 16 – April 22, 2017 for this limited time offer!
– Stock up and Save!
And don’t forget to enter the giveaway below where you could win a $50 VISA gift card!
#MyMixxv17 $50 VISA Gift Card Giveaway
One lucky reader will win a $50 VISA gift card to help make their teacher gift shopping even easier! To enter, use the Rafflecopter below. This giveaway is open to US residents age 18 and up. It will end on April 22 at midnight.
What type of unique graduation gifts are you planning on giving the graduates in your life?