Summer is one of my favorite seasons for many reasons, the biggest being all of that deliciously sweet fresh fruit just waiting to be eaten! There are so many fabulous choices, and fresh fruit tastes so good on its own or in a recipe like the one below. This recipe for Caramel and Nut Dipped Strawberries happens to be a favorite of my family, and it tastes great no matter the time of year. As long as you have access to fresh strawberries, you are good to go! And I bet you will love this recipe as much as I do because it takes just minutes to make, uses very few ingredients, and looks so nice you can easily serve it at parties and picnics!
Caramel and Nut Dipped Strawberries Recipe
What You Need:
20 large fresh strawberries
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped mixed nuts
What To Do:
1. Wash the strawberries, then pat them completely dry using a paper towel.
2. Next, place the strawberries in one bowl, and the coarsely chopped nuts in another.
3. Place the caramels in a third bowl, making sure this one is microwave safe, then add three tablespoons of whipping cream and a dash of salt.
4. Place the caramels in the microwave, and cook on MEDIUM power (50%) for 3 1/2 minutes or until smooth, making sure to stir at 1 minute intervals.
5. Once the caramel is completely melted, dip each strawberry halfway into the caramel mixture, roll it in the nuts, and then place it on a sheet of lightly greased wax paper.
6. Let stand for 15 minutes and serve, OR you can cover them and chill for up to 8 hours.
See, easy as can be! And don’t they look delicious?! Speaking of easy, here is the handy, dandy printable recipe for my Caramel and Nut Dipped Strawberries…
Caramel & Nut Dipped Strawberries
- 20 large fresh strawberries
- 40 caramels
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped mixed nuts
- Wax paper lightly greased
- Pat strawberries completely dry with paper towels.
- Place strawberries in one bowl, coarsely chopped nuts in another.
- In another bowl, this one microwave safe, mix the caramels, three tablespoons whipping cream and a dash of salt.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) for 3 1/2 minutes or until smooth. Be sure to stir at 1-minute intervals.
- Dip each strawberry halfway into the caramel, roll in nuts, and then place on the lightly greased wax paper.
- Let stand 15 minutes and serve immediately, OR cover them up and chill up to 8 hours.
The bowl’s 3-piece design was specifically created to help keep cut fruits fresher longer. The inside bowl is actually a strainer which allows the fruit juices to drain into the outer bowl keeping the fruit from becoming soggy and spoiling faster. The outer bowl has a spout so you can easily pour off that juice, and a snug lid fits over both, adding an extra layer of protection against fast spoiling.
Although you cannot tell from the pictures, this is one BIG bowl (7 qt.)! I was able to cut an entire watermelon and fit it inside this bowl! After several months of use, I can honestly say this bowl really does help keep cut fruit fresher longer! If you love fresh fruit, then this is one bowl you need to have!
Buy It Now from Amazon! (This is an affiliate link which means I will make a small commission if you use it to buy. You will not be paying any extra. Thanks for helping me keep this blog alive!)
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED