Tender, juicy, lightly seasoned chicken and fresh garden vegetables smothered with melted cheddar make these Chicken and Cheddar Quesadillas a must-make recipe!
Chicken and Cheddar Quesadillas Recipe
These delicious quesadillas are simply amazing. Each bite of chicken is tender, juicy and full of flavor! Best of all, they are quick and easy-to-make. These Chicken and Cheddar Quesadillas are sure to become a family favorite!
Ready to see how to make these Chicken and Cheddar Quesadillas?
Ingredients for Chicken and Cheddar Quesadillas
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 tbsp fajita seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil
10 – 12 tbsp butter for frying tortillas
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 small onion, cut in half, then into slices
10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper for seasoning
Monterey Jack or other shredded cheese
salsa for dipping
Instructions for Chicken and Cheddar Quesadillas
Begin by seasoning the chicken breast with fajita seasoning, salt and pepper on both sides, then add it to skillet. If you are using thick chicken breasts, you will want to slice each breast in half horizontally so it will cook quicker. Saute for about 3 to 4 mins per side, then remove, dice into small cubes and set aside.
Next, saute the red and green bell pepper along with the onion for about 3 minutes, then place those to the side.
Add some butter to another skillet, let it begin to sizzle, and add a flour tortilla. From there you begin to build your quesadilla starting with a light layer of cheddar cheese (I added some Monterey Jack this time as well), followed by some pieces of chicken, then a handful of veggies, and finally a bit more cheese on the top to help the tortillas stick together.
Cover with a second tortilla. Once the bottom tortilla is golden brown, flip it over and cook until the second tortilla is golden brown, as well. Repeat these steps until all quesadillas are made. Then all that’s left to do is slice into wedges, serve with salsa for dipping, and enjoy!
Easy as can be! And speaking of easy, here’s a printable version of this recipe. 🙂
What is your favorite chicken recipe?
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 - 12 tbsp butter for frying tortillas
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 small onion, cut in half, then into slices
- 10 10 inch flour tortillas
- 1 8 ounce package cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Monterey Jack or other shredded cheese
- sour cream
- salsa for dipping
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with fajita seasoning, salt and pepper on both sides, then add to skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium, saute chicken until done (about 4 mins per side).
- Remove chicken from skillet, dice into small cubes and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to the skillet, increase to high heat.
- Throw in onions and peppers and cook until the peppers have a few dark spots, about 3 to 4 mins.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In a smaller skillet, sizzle 1/2 tbsp butter over medium heat, then lay in a flour tortilla
- Build the quesadilla by first adding some shredded cheddar, then arranging some chicken, peppers and onions
- Add some more cheese, then lay the second tortilla on the top
- Once the bottom tortilla is golden brown, carefully flip the quesadilla to the other side, adding another tbsp. of butter at the same time (or you can just butter the top side of the second tortilla before adding it on top of the fillings, and then just flip it butter-side down)
- Continue cooking until the second side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and toppings.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve with salsa for dipping.
Tip: a pizza cutter works great for cutting your quesadillas into wedges!
Serving Size:1 quesadilla
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3257Total Fat: 312gSaturated Fat: 190gTrans Fat: 12gUnsaturated Fat: 100gCholesterol: 867mgSodium: 3576mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 54g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.