Tender chicken breasts are topped with a delectable lemon sauce in this quick and easy Lemon Chicken Primavera Recipe.
This mouthwatering chicken recipe quickly became one of my family’s favorite recipes. I hope your family loves it as well!
How to Make Lemon Chicken Primavera
This delicious dinner recipe is quick and easy to make, yet it tastes as though you spent hours in the kitchen standing over the hot stove.
You will find the complete ingredients and instructions in the printable recipe card below.
Ingredients Needed to Make Chicken Primavera
This simple dinner recipe uses some very common ingredients including:
*This recipe was made with Knorr Homestyle Stock Chicken Flavor which is concentrated chicken stock. If you use another brand, omit the water from this recipe and make the stock according to package instructions. You will want to make about 3 to 3½ cups total of chicken stock.
- all-purpose flour
- ground black pepper
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- large shallot or small onion
- *chicken stock
- lemon juice
Lemon Chicken Primavera sounds fancy, but it’s actually quite easy to make. In fact, you can have a filling and delicious meal ready to go in less than one hour.
- Bread the Chicken – combine pepper and flour in one shallow dish, and the eggs in another. You’ll then dip the breasts in the egg followed by the flour.
- Brown the Chicken – saute the chicken breasts in butter for about 5 minutes.
- Cook Shallots – saute shallots in the same skillet
- Add Chicken Stock – make the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the Asparagus and Chicken – reduce heat to low and simmer until done
- Add Lemon Juice – cook for one more minute
- Serve and enjoy!
- try serving it recipe over a bed of rice or pasta.
- try using green beans, broccoli florets, green peas, or even sliced mushrooms instead of asparagus!
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 - 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, punded thin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 large shallot or onion, lightly chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tub Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock, OR 3½ cups of other chicken stock and omit the water½
- 6 oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2” thick diagonal slices (about 1 cup)
- Combine the pepper and flour in a shallow dish. In a separate shallow dish, lightly beat the eggs.
- Now, dip each chicken breast in the eggs, and then in the flour mixture; set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsps. butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken, turning once, for about 5 minutes. Then remove the chicken, and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, melt the remaining 1 tbsp. butter and cook the shallots, stirring occasionally until tender, for about 4 minutes.
- Now stir in water and Knorr Homestyle stock until stock is completely dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Once boiling, add the asparagus and then the chicken to the skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is completely cooked and asparagus is tender (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in the lemon juice and allow to cook for about one more minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
**This recipe was made with Knorr Homestyle Stock Chicken Flavor which is concentrated chicken stock. If you use another brand, omit the water from this recipe and make the stock according to package instructions. You will want to make about 3 to 3½ cups total of chicken stock.
Serving Size:1 breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1025Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 510mgSodium: 841mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 153g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.