Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
While I love creating my own recipes, sometimes I can find the most amazing recipes online or in random cookbooks. For example, I found this mouthwatering Lemon Chicken Primavera recipe in a little booklet put out by Knorr Homestyle Stock. This delicious dinner recipe is quick and easy to make, yet it tastes as though you spent hours in the kitchen standing over the hot stove. It quickly became one of my family’s favorite recipes. I hope your family loves it as well!
Lemon Chicken Primavera
Ingredients to Make Lemon Chicken Primavera
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 large shallot or small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tub Knorr Homestyle Stock, chicken flavor
- 6 ounces of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2” thick diagonal slices (about 1 cup)
How to make Lemon Chicken Primavera
1. Combine the pepper and flour in a shallow dish.
2. In a second shallow dish, lightly beat the eggs.
3. Now, dip each chicken breast in the eggs, and then in the flour mixture; set aside.
4. Melt 2 tbsps. butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
5. Brown the chicken, turning once, for about 5 minutes. Then remove the chicken, and set aside.
6. Melt remaining 1 tbsp. butter in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook the shallots, stirring occasionally until tender, for about 4 minutes.
7. Now stir in water and Knorr Homestyle stock until stock is completely dissolved.
8. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
9. Once boiling, add the asparagus and then the chicken to the skillet.
10. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is completely cooked and asparagus is tender (about 3 minutes).
11. Now, stir in the lemon juice and allow to cook for about one more minute.
12. Serve and enjoy!
- try serving this Lemon Chicken primavera recipe over a bed of ricce!
- try using green beans, broccoli florets, green peas or even sliced mushrooms instead of asparagus!