The sweet taste of chocolate combined with the salty taste of pretzels just can’t be beat! Add in patriotic colors and these Patriotic Pretzel Hugs become perfect for your 4th of July celebration!
Ever since I first saw pretzel hugs on Pinterest, I’ve been wanting to make them. They look so cute, and seem so easy-to-make. Best of all, they are versatile. You can make them for all sorts of occasions simply by changing the color of the M&M’s!
With the 4th of July right around the corner, I figured what better time to give the recipe a try?! Now that I’ve finally made them, I realize that they not only look pretty, they taste great, too! Even better, they take very little time to make! I’m talking right around 10 minutes tops!
So, are you ready to see how to make these sweet-n-salty Patriotic Pretzel Hugs?
Patriotic Pretzel Hugs Recipe
This recipe will yield 3 dozen patriotic pretzel hugs.
What You Will Need
36 pretzel snaps (I used Snyders brand)
36 Hershey’s Hugs candies
18 red M&M’s
18 blue M&M’s
What To Do
Begin by preheating the oven to 200°. Next, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and then place the pretzels on the cookie sheet at least 1 inch apart.
Now top each pretzel with a Hershey’s hug candy piece, and then bake for 3-4 minutes. Remove the pretzel hugs from the oven once the candy looks soft and a little bit shiny. You just want to soften the candy in the oven – not melt them.
Allow them to cool for about 2 minutes on the baking sheet. Now, gently press one M&M into the middle of each softened candy. This will make the Hershey’s hug spread out over each pretzel.
Finally, let the pretzel hugs cool completely or refrigerate them for 5 minutes, and then...ENJOY!
Print This Recipe To Use Later!
See? Easy as can be! And best of all, it’s quick! And speaking of easy, below is the handy-dandy printable version of this Patriotic Pretzel Hugs recipe!
Patriotic Pretzel Hugs
- 36 pretzel snaps I used Snyders brand
- 36 Hershey's Hugs candies
- 18 red M&M's
- 18 blue M&M's
1. Preheat oven to 200°.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Place the pretzels on the cookie sheet at least 1 inch apart.
4. Top each pretzel with a Hershey's hug candy piece.
5. Bake for 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven when the candy looks soft and a bit shiny. You just want to soften the candy in the oven-not melt them.
6. Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet.
7. Gently press one M&M into the middle of each softened candy. This will make the Hershey's hug spread out over each pretzel.
8. Let cool completely or refrigerate for 5 minutes.
Do you have a patriotic recipe you love? Share it with us in the comments below!