Cake box cookies are half-dipped in chocolate then decorated with a festive St Patrick’s Day sprinkle mix in this quick and easy St Patrick’s Day Cookies from cake mix recipe!
Last year I went all out with my Pot of Gold Dirt Cups and a colorful St Patrick’s Day Dessert Charcuterie Board.
This year I wanted to keep things nice and simple. So, I decided to make some fun, festive, and easy St Patrick’s Day cookies from cake mix.
By using a cake mix, chocolate melts, and St Patty’s sprinkles to decorate, you can have a fun treat that’s ready to enjoy in just minutes.
COOKIES FROM CAKE MIX
The first time I made cookies from cake mix, I fell in love. Those Lemon Cake Mix Cookies turned out so soft and so delicious.
Best of all, they were quick, easy, and only called for a few basic ingredients.
They quickly became a favorite. And these St Patrick’s Day Cake Mix Cookies are sure to do the same!
HOW TO MAKE ST PATRICK’S DAY COOKIES
These sweet little cookies will make a great ending to an Irish-themed St Patrick’s Day dinner like Corned Beef and Cabbage or Shepherd’s Pie.
They are soft, quick, and easy to make. And they taste absolutely amazing! It’s a St. Patrick’s Day dessert that even a leprechaun would love!
So, keep reading to see how to make these delicious chocolate-dipped St Patrick’s Day cookies.
You will find the full ingredients and directions in the free printable recipe card at the end of this post.
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend items I use and love.
- hand mixer or counter-top mixer with bowl
- small bowl for dipping
- 2-inch cookie batter scoop
- cookie sheet
- microwave, double boiler, or candy melting pot
- measuring cups
- parchment paper or Silpat mat
- Cooling racks
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE ST PATRICK’S DAY CAKE BOX COOKIES
These St. Patrick’s Day Cookies really are amazing. They are soft, chewy, and delicious! And you won’t believe how few ingredients you need to make them.
Cookies from cake mix ingredients include the following:
- box of cake mix – I used Duncan Hines Classic White Cake Mix, but any white or vanilla cake mix will work
- large eggs – these should be at room temperature, so leave them out for at least 30 minutes before starting.
- vegetable oil – will give the cookies a soft, slightly chewy texture.
- Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers – they melt easily and taste wonderful.
- St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles – I love these Sweets Indeed Sprinklefettia!
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE ST PATRICK’S DAY COOKIES
You will love how simple these cookies are to make!
Step One: Prep
- Preheat the oven.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
Step Two: Make Batter
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, eggs, and oil and stir until completely combined,
Step Three: Form Cookie Balls
- Use a cookie scoop to form cookie balls from the batter and then place them about 2-inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
Step Four: Bake
- Now you will bake the cake box cookies just until they are set. Don’t overbake.
Pro Tip: be careful not to overbake these St Patrick’s Day Cookies, they should be very soft when they’re done. They may even look undercooked but will continue to set up as they cool. If you overbake, they will have a more cake-like consistency.
Step Five: Melt Chocolate
- As the cookies are cooling, add the chopped white chocolate to a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring between each heat session, until the chocolate is fully melted.
Step Six: Dip and Decorate
- Working with one cookie at a time, dip a cookie into the chocolate, about ⅓ of the way, then set on it a parchment lined baking sheet or counter. Immediately add sprinkles.
Step Seven: Allow Cookies to Set
- Allow to sit until the chocolate has set completely.
And there you have it! Super soft and extra fun St. Patrick’s Day cookies that are perfect for celebrating with your little Leprechauns.
HOW TO STORE ST PATRICK’S DAY COOKIES FROM CAKE MIX
If you have any leftovers – yes, these cake mix cookies are really THAT good – you can store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
These cookies are best served at room temperature, but they can also be stored in the refrigerator.
OTHER COOKIE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
If you’re looking for more ideas on how to create dessert recipes that will put a smile on everyone’s face, don’t forget about our sweets and treats recipes!
LIKE IT? LOVE IT? PLS SHARE THIS ST. PATRICK’S DAY COOKIE RECIPE!
Did you make this easy St. Patrick’s Day Cookies from cake mix recipe? If so, I’d love to see how it turned out! Nothing makes me happier than seeing your take on my recipes.
So please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bullocksbuzz or using #bullocksbuzz and share a photo of your tasty creations!
Don’t forget to save it either by clicking on that little heart over there to your right or by pinning it on Pinterest. And then share with your friends and family by clicking the share buttons above the post title, too!
If you really liked this cake box cookie recipe, comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating on the printable recipe card below!
ST PATTY’S DAY COOKIES PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD
Here is the free printable recipe card so you can easily keep up with this St Patrick’s Day Cookies dessert idea!
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 12 oz white chocolate, chopped
- Shamrock sprinkle mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, and oil and stir until fully incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, place dough balls onto a baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then remove from the oven as soon as the cookies are set.
- While cookies are cooling, add the white chocolate to a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring between each heat session, until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Working with one cookie at a time, dip a cookie into the chocolate, about ⅓ of the way, then set on a parchment lined baking sheet or counter.
- Immediately add sprinkles.
- Repeat with all cookies.
- Allow chocolate to set before serving.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.