With a buttery graham cracker crust, creamy, no-bake cheesecake filling, and tart cherry pie filling in the shape of a heart make these Cherry Cheesecake Jars a delicious dessert!
Looking for a unique homemade Valentine’s day treat? I have one that you are going to love. Cherry Cheesecake in a jar topped with a cute little cherry-topping heart!
Sweet treats always make for a great gift idea — and even more so when they are homemade. With this made-from-scratch recipe for no-bake cherry cheesecake jars, you can prepare a delicious homemade dessert for your friends and family without ever touching the oven.
CHERRY CHEESECAKE JARS VALENTINE’S DAY DESSERT IDEA
While this quick dessert-in-a-jar recipe is a great dessert for any occasion, it’s especially perfect for Valentine’s Day. That’s because these Cherry Cheesecake Jars feature an adorable cherry-filling heart on top surrounded by fluffy whipped topping.
And while they might look complicated, you’re gonna love how easy it is to make these desserts-in-a-jar!
Learn how to make cheesecake in a jar with this simple Cherry Cheesecake in a Jar recipe below.
Too busy to make this tasty treat right away? Pin it for later! Pin this easy dessert recipe to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be waiting there when you’re ready.
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY CHEESECAKE IN A JAR FOR VALENTINE’S DAY
This no-bake easy cherry cheesecake jars recipe is a quick and easy cheesecake-in-a-jar recipe that you can make with just a few simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes of prep. All you need is a few ingredients and a couple of simple baking supplies to prepare this adorable Valentine’s Day dessert.
Find the complete recipe with measurements in the recipe card below.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. By the way, I only recommend products that I use and love.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
CHERRY CHEESECAKE JARS RECIPE INGREDIENTS
Here’s what you’ll need to make this no-bake cherry cheesecake-in-a-jar recipe:
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- whipped topping
- graham cracker crumbs – you can use premade crumbs for easier prep work, or add some graham crackers to a bag and gently crush them using the bottom of a jar or a rolling pin.
- cherry pie filling
CHERRY CHEESECAKE IN A JAR INSTRUCTIONS
Making these fun individual desserts couldn’t be easier or quicker. In less than 30 minutes you can have them ready to chill. The longest part of the entire recipe is waiting for the cherry cheesecake jars to chill!
STEP ONE: COMBINE CREAM CHEESE, VANILLA, AND SUGAR
- Using either a spoon, an electric mixer, or a stand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until the mixture has a smooth and creamy texture.
STEP TWO: ADD WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- Next, use the spatula to fold in the whipped topping and mix well, again until the cheesecake mixture is creamy and smooth.
Pro Tip – to avoid the whipped topping from separating, it is best to fold it in instead of using a mixer.
- Once mixed together, spoon the cream cheese mixture into the piping bag.
STEP THREE: ASSEMBLE THE CHEESECAKE JARS
- Next place a small amount of graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of each half-pint jar. I used a cup of graham cracker crumbs which meant each jar got ¼ cup apiece.
- Now add the cheesecake layer by piping the filling into each jar, but DO NOT fill the jars all the way to the top. Instead, be sure to leave about one inch of space at the top of each jar for the cute cherry heart and the lid.
STEP FOUR: ADD THE CHERRY HEART
- To create the cherry pie-filling heart, lightly place the heart-shaped cookie cutter in the center of the jar. Do not push it down into the cheescake mixture, just set it gently on top of it.
- Then pipe some more of the cream cheese mixture around the outside of the cookie cutter almost to the top of the jar – leaving just a tad bit of room for the lid so it doesn’t smush anything.
- Next, fill the inside of the cookie cutter with the cherry pie filling taking care not to let the filling go over the top of the cookie cutter.
- Once the heart is full, slowly and carefully lift the cookie cutter up to remove it. It’s okay if you need to wiggle it slightly to help loosen it from the cheesecake filling.
- If the edges of the heart are a bit rough, use the toothpick to carefully smooth them out.
- Repeat with the remaining jars until all of the no-bake cheesecake jars are finished.
STEP FIVE: CHILL
Lastly, place the lids on the jars and put the Cherry Cheesecake Jars in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour before serving.
HOW LONG CAN CHEESECAKE JARS LAST?
If you store them correctly, cherry cheesecake jars can last up to five days. Make sure to store them in an airtight container then place them in the fridge. Don’t leave them out at room temperature.
HOW LONG DOES CHERRY CHEESECAKE IN A JAR LAST IN THE FRIDGE?
If covered and refrigerated, cherry cheesecake in a jar can last up to five days in the fridge.
CAN YOU FREEZE CHERRY CHEESECAKE IN A JAR?
Yes, you can freeze these no-bake cheesecakes in a jar for up to 3 months. Just make sure you cover them tightly.
When you are ready to serve them, thaw the cherry cheesecakes in the refrigerator overnight, then serve and enjoy.
SUBSTITUTIONS, ADDITIONS, AND VARIATIONS
Easy to make, mouth-wateringly delicious, self-contained, and already at the ideal serving size, cheesecakes in a jar come pretty close to being a perfect dessert.
And while these cherry cheesecakes are delicious as-is, there are lots of ways you can change these individual desserts up for other tastes, holidays, occasions, or just because.
Instead of graham crackers, try using other types of cookies to make amazing treats like these Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake in a Jar. Gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, butter cookies, and even Oreos, are all tasty options.
Try adding a little bit of flavoring to the cheesecake mix to make different flavors. Add some fruit extract such as orange, strawberry, or raspberry. Or add a few drops of fresh lemon juice or lime juice.
You could also add dollop of whipped cream on top and then garnish with fresh fruit or even a mint leaf or rosemary.
Here are a few ways you can change up these mason jar cheesecakes.
- If making a heart on top of each jar is too much work, or you want to use this Cherry Cheesecake Jars recipe for a different occassion, no worries! Omit the use of the cookie cutter and spoon the cherry pie filling on top of the cheesecake layer until the jar is full.
- Use homemade pie filling with fresh fruit instead of canned cherry filling.
- Swap out the cherries for different fruit such as strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, or even peach. YUM!
MORE DESSERTS IN A JAR
Looking for even more desserts in a jar? Here are some of my favorites:
MORE DESSERTS FOR VALENTINE’S DAY
Here are some more sweet desserts for Valentine’s Day that I know you will love!
- Homemade Rainbow Hearts Candy
- Valentine’s Day Fudge Recipe No-Bake
- Heart-Shaped Red Velvet Whoopie Pies (with free printable card)
VALENTINE’S DAY CHERRY CHEESECAKES JAR RECIPE
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup cherry pie filling
- 4 half pint jars
- 1-inch heart cookie cutter
- Piping bag
- Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- *Gently fold in the whipped topping. Mix until completely incorporated.
- Place ¼ cup of graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of each half-pint jar.
- Pipe the cheesecake filling into each jar, leaving about one inch of space at the top of each jar.
- Place the heart cookie cutter in the center of the jar. Do not push it down, just let it sit on top of the cheesecake filling.
- Carefully pipe more cheesecake mixture around the outside of the cookie cutter.
- Next, fill the inside of the cookie cutter with cherry pie filling taking care not to overfill it.
- Carefully lift the cookie cutter up to remove it. Continue filling the heart cookie cutter on top of each jar until all the jars have cherry pie filling on top.
- Use a toothpick to smooth the edges of the heart, if needed.
- Place the lids on the jars and chill for at least one hour before serving.
*Pro Tip - to avoid the whipped topping from separating, it is best to fold it in instead of using a mixer.
If making a heart on top of each jar takes too much time, or you want to use this Cherry Cheesecake Jars recipe for a different occasion, no worries! Omit the use of the cookie cutter and spoon the cherry pie filling on top of the cheesecake layer until the jar is full.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 649Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 1gSugar: 50gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well. Learn more at https://bullocksbuzz.com/blog-policy-and-disclosure/.