Ice-cold glasses are drizzled with sweet strawberry syrup, filled with strawberry soda, and topped off with rich, creamy vanilla ice cream and a fresh strawberry garnish for the ultimate sweet treat that looks almost as good as it tastes in this Strawberry Float recipe!
Move over root beer floats. These Strawberry Floats are sweet and creamy and absolutely irresistible!
Ice cream floats are one of my favorite treats. I absolutely LOVE the combination of ice cream and soda. Plus, they are so very easy to make. And this strawberry float recipe is one of my favorite kinds.
Too busy to make this fantastic float right away? Pin it for later! Pin this easy ice cream float recipe to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be waiting there when you’re ready.
STRAWBERRY FLOAT RECIPE FOR VALENTINE’S DAY
With every sip of this strawberry ice cream float, you get fizzy strawberry soda, a hint of sweet strawberry sauce, and creamy vanilla ice cream. It’s so yummy and not to mention PRETTY.
Plus, with its pink, red, and white coloring and its sweet taste, it’s also the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day. You could serve these strawberry floats at a classroom party, as a special after-school treat, or as dessert after dinner.
One cute Valentine’s Day idea would be to put the fresh strawberry on a cocktail pick with a heart instead of on the rim of the glass!
Or use Valentines-themed paper straws to adorn the floats..
Love Valentine’s Day recipes? Me, too! After reading this, come back and try some of my other Valentine’s recipes like these Cherry Cheesecake Jars, this Easy Valentine’s Day Fudge, and this Valentine’s Day Flamin’ Hot Popcorn.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY FLOAT FOR VALENTINE’S DAY
This simple Strawberry Float recipe teaches you how to make the perfect strawberry ice cream floats.
It is a quick and easy recipe. And all you need are a few simple ingredients and about five minutes to make this scrumptious strawberry float.
Find the complete recipe with measurements in the recipe card below.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. By the way, I only recommend products that I use and love.
STRAWBERRY FLOAT RECIPE INGREDIENTS
Here’s what you’ll need to make this strawberry float:
- strawberry syrup or sauce – I used Hershey’s Strawberry Syrup, but Great Value works, too.
- strawberry soda – my favorites are Fargo and Big Red.
- vanilla ice cream -Breyers is my go-to for vanilla ice cream, but any brand will work.
- fresh strawberries – for garnish
STRAWBERRY FLOAT INSTRUCTIONS
Making these fun strawberry floats couldn’t be easier or quicker. In less than 5 minutes you can have them ready to go!
STEP ONE: DRIZZLE SYRUP
- Holding the glass diagonally, drizzle the strawberry syrup along the inside sides of each glass. Allow a few moments for the syrup to drip down the sides.
STEP TWO: ADD ICE CREAM
- Place a few scoops of vanilla ice cream in the bottom of each glass.
STEP THREE: TOP WITH SODA
- Pour strawberry soda into the glass a little over halfway full. This will leave room for the ice cream to melt and combine with the soda for an absolutely luscious treat!
STEP FOUR: GARNISH
- Top it off with some fresh strawberries for garnish.
And that’s it. You’re ready to enjoy this tasty treat!
WHAT SODA MAKES THE BEST FLOAT?
You can use any kind of strawberry soda that you like for this recipe. Three of my favorites include Fanta, Faygo, and Big Red. They make really great strawberry sodas!
TIPS FOR MAKING STRAWBERRY CREAM FLOATS
Try placing the glasses that you plan to use in the freezer for a bit first. It makes this strawberry float recipe even better!
If you want to make this float recipe for a larger crowd, simply double or triple the recipe, grab a punch bowl then add the syrup down the inside, followed by the soda, followed by the scoops of ice cream.
SUBSTITUTIONS, ADDITIONS, AND VARIATIONS
While these strawberry floats are delicious as-is, there are many ways you can change these dreamy, creamy drinks up for other tastes, occasions, holidays, or just because.
- Use Sprite instead of flavored soda and strawberry ice cream instead of vanilla.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top and garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Add some colorful sprinkles. Heart sprinkles for Valentine’s Day would be so cute!
- Add a skewer of strawberry slices or strawberry and banana slices across the top of the glass.
- Experiment with different flavors of soda and syrups. Some other favorites are cream soda floats, root beer floats, and orange soda floats.
MORE STRAWBERRY RECIPES
- Love strawberries? Me, too! After reading this, come back and try some of my other strawberry recipes:
- Angel Food Strawberry Yogurt Trifle
- Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie
- Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles
LIKE IT? LOVE IT? PLEASE SHARE THIS STRAWBERY FLOAT RECIPE!
I hope you enjoy this Strawberry Ice Cream Float recipe much as I did! It’s so quick and easy to make, and even more, fun to eat!
If you give this delightful treat a try, I’d love to know! Leave a comment below and tag a photo @bullocksbuzz and #bullocksbuzz on Instagram or Facebook so I can see your creations!
Be sure to Pin it to save it, and then share it with your friends and family by clicking the share buttons above the post title!
And finally, if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating on the printable recipe card below!
STRAWBERRY FLOAT RECIPE PERFECT FOR VALENTINE’S DAY
- 2 tablespoons strawberry syrup
- 8 ounces strawberry soda
- 6 to 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- fresh strawberries for garnish
- Holding the ice-cold glass diagonally, slowly drizzle the strawberry syrup around the inside and let it run down the sides.
- Add a few scoops of ice cream to the bottom of each glass.
- Pour strawberry soda into the glasses a little over halfway full in order to leave room for when the ice cream melts.
- Add a fresh strawberry to the rim of each glass for garnish.
1. While not necessary, placing the glasses in the freezer first for about 15 - 20 minutes makes these Strawberry Floats even better!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 673Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 227mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 3gSugar: 71gProtein: 10g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.