This Caramel Mocha Coffee Bomb recipe is the perfect combination of rich chocolate, flavorful espresso, and buttery caramel.
I know, I know, you are soooo tired of Hot Cocoa Bomb and Coffee Bomb recipes. I get it. I do. But, trust me, you have GOT. TO. TRY. THIS. Caramel Mocha Coffee Bomb recipe before you swear them off for good!
It really is that delicious!
I have tried so many different coffee bomb recipes looking for the perfect caramel mocha one, and I just couldn’t find it. Until I made this one, that is.
Y’all, this recipe is SO GOOD! I promise!
These caramel mocha coffee bombs are the perfect combination of rich chocolate, flavorful espresso, and buttery caramel. You are going to fall in love! It’ll be so worth trying this one more bomb recipe.
Hang on. Wait. Before we get into this amazingly scrumptious Caramel Mocha Bomb recipe and instructions, let me backtrack for one second. I kinda lied.
I actually have TWO more hot cocoa bomb recipes that I am going to post soon, one for Easter (or Spring) and one for St. Patrick’s Day. And you are going to LOVE those, too. So do me a favor? Maybe don’t write off hot chocolate bombs quite yet…
Besides, with half the country either snowed or iced in and the other half still in lockdown, what else have you got to do? Am I right?
WHAT IS A HOT COFFEE BOMB?
To answer the question of what is a hot coffee bomb, you need to know what a hot chocolate bomb is. If you haven’t heard, hot cocoa bombs aka hot chocolate bombs are these little spheres of bliss that explode when covered with hot milk to make the best cup of hot chocolate ever!
The handmade chocolate balls are hollow on the inside and filled with hot chocolate mix and whatever other extras you want to add. For example, mini marshmallows worked perfectly for these XOXO Valentine’s Hot Cocoa Bombs!
You get one cup of hot chocolate per hot chocolate bomb. Although if you love extra-rich cocoa, you could always add in a second bomb.
In this case, these caramel mocha coffee bombs are filled with – you guessed it – espresso mix, instead of hot chocolate mix. So once these tasty little treats explode, you’ll have the best cup of caramel mocha coffee ever! YUM!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CARAMEL MOCHA COFFEE BOMBS
A lot of hot cocoa and hot coffee bomb recipes call themselves ‘the best’. However, the true key to making the best bombs ever is to use the best ingredients.
You really cannot go wrong if you use high-quality ingredients.
While you could always use melting wafers or low-quality chocolate to make the chocolate spheres, please don’t. Your hot mocha or hot chocolate will not taste very good.
However, if you use high-quality chocolate, you will end up with a mug full of scrumptious hot coffee or hot chocolate.
It really is THAT easy.
So, without any further ado, (cue the drum roll please), here it is, the best-ever, most deliciously yummy Caramel Mocha Coffee Bomb recipe!
HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL MOCHA COFFEE BOMBS
These Caramel Mocha Coffee Bombs are extra special because not only do are they rich and delicious tasting, they look amazing too!
Simply follow the easy recipe to make your own caramel mocha coffee bombs. Then just add the bomb to a mug and pour hot milk on top. Stir, and you have rich, creamy, caramel-y hot mocha!
You can scroll down to find the complete recipe for these caramel mocha coffee bombs in an easy-to-read recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and easily create in your kitchen! But first, I have some step-by-step photos and tips that explain it in better detail, in case you need the extra help.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO MAKE CARAMEL MOCHA COFFEE BOMBS
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Bullock’s Buzz may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend items that I use and love.
- Round Silicone Molds – silicone molds work much better than acrylic!
- Microwave-Safe Bowls
- Food Safe paintbrush, spoon, or small spatula
- Piping Bags
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE CARAMEL MOCHA BOMBS
This delectable Caramel Mocha Coffee Bomb recipe is made with delicious chocolate, espresso mix, and caramel for a scrumptiously warm and delicious drink.
To make these caramel mocha coffee bombs you will need:
- chocolate melting wafers or chocolate chips – I highly recommend Ghirardelli Chocolate Melting Wafers.
- instant espresso powder – can be found in either the baking aisle or the coffee aisle.
- caramel bits – caramel chips will work, too.
- hot milk – to enjoy your hot coffee bombs once they are finished.
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE BEST-EVER CARAMEL MOCHA HOT CHOCOLATE BOMBS
These cold-weather confections are similar to hot cocoa bombs but filled with espresso instead for a mind-blowingly scrumptious cup of caramel mocha coffee. Plus, they are incredibly easy-to-make!
STEP ONE: MELT THE CHOCOLATE
- Place the chocolate wafers (or chopped up bar) in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
STEP TWO: FILL THE MOLDS
- Add a spoonful of melted chocolate inside one well on the silicone mold.
- Use the back of the spoon or a food-safe paintbrush to spread the chocolate evenly up the sides of the mold. Make sure the chocolate goes all the way up the sides.
- Continue this process until all the molds are coated.
- Set the remaining chocolate aside for sealing and decorating the bombs.
STEP THREE: ALLOW CHOCOLATE TO SET
- Allow the chocolate in the molds to set completely, usually about 2 to 3 hours. You can speed up the process by placing the chocolate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or in the freezer for around 10 minutes.
- Once set, check for any thin spots. If any parts of the chocolate half-spheres look too thin, add a second layer of chocolate using a small spatula, spoon, or food-safe paintbrush, and allow to set once again.
STEP FOUR: ASSEMBLE HOT COFFEE BOMBS
- Once the chocolate has hardened, carefully and gently remove each half-sphere from its mold. I’ve found it easiest to remove them by flipping the mold upside down and then slowly and gently peeling the mold off of the hardened chocolate.
- Once all of the half-spheres have been removed from the molds, add three to four caramel bits and about 1 tablespoon of espresso powder to half of the half-spheres. So, for example, since my mold has 14 wells, I added the chips and mix to 7 of the 14 half-spheres. The other halves will be the tops.
STEP FIVE: SEAL THE COFFEE BOMBS
- Reheat the chocolate in 15-second intervals until it’s completely melted.
- To seal the mocha bombs*, pick up an empty half-sphere and dip the edges into the melted chocolate.
- Then carefully place it on top of a filled half-sphere and lightly press it into place to form a complete ball.
- Use your finger to smooth melted chocolate around the seam.
- Continue until all of the caramel mocha coffee bombs are sealed.
Pro Tip: When handling the chocolate, I wear a glove to avoid leaving fingerprints. Also, the warmth from your fingers will begin to melt the chocolate so be sure to work as quickly as you can to avoid too much melting.
*You can also seal the bombs by heating a skillet over low heat, then remove it from the heat. Take one of the empty shell halves and place it open-side-down on the warm surface just until the edges begin to soften and melt. Then quickly and carefully place it on top of a filled half-sphere, pressing gently to seal. Use your finger to smooth the seam.
STEP FIVE: DECORATE CARAMEL MOCHA COFFEE BOMBS
- Once the chocolate balls are sealed and completely set, add some melted chocolate to a piping bag or Ziploc with the corner snipped off to decorate.
- Lightly drizzle the chocolate over the top of the bombs and then add a few caramel bits.
- Finish by sprinkling a small amount of espresso powder on top.
- Allow the chocolate decorations to set before using, around 1 hour.
MAKING CARAMEL MOCHA FROM A COFFEE BOMB
Now it’s time for the best part – testing your caramel mocha coffee bombs!
- Place one bomb in the bottom of a mug.
- Pour one cup of hot milk over the top of the bomb to melt the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has completely melted, stir to combine.
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
See it in action below!
HOW MUCH MILK DO YOU ADD TO A COFFEE BOMB?
How much milk you add really depends on your taste. I’ve found that one cup of hot milk is the perfect amount to add to these caramel mocha coffee bombs for a rich, delicious mug!
PRINTABLE CARAMEL MOCHA COFFEE BOMB RECIPE
This printable recipe is for 6 caramel mocha coffee bombs. To make more, simply double the recipe.
Caramel Mocha Coffee Bombs
- Candy molds
- 1 package chocolate wafers
- 6 tbsp instant espresso powder 1 per bomb
- ¼ cup caramel bits
- Place the chocolate wafers (or chopped up chocolate bar) in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Add about a spoonful of melted chocolate inside one of the wells in the silicone mold and use the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate evenly up the sides of the mold. Continue this process until all the molds are coated.
- Set the remaining chocolate aside for sealing and decorating the bombs.
- Allow the chocolate in the molds to set completely, around 2 to 3 hours. You can speed up the process by placing the chocolate in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Once the chocolate has set, carefully remove the chocolate from the mold.
- Next, fill only half of the chocolate half-spheres with three to four caramel bits and about 1 tablespoon of espresso powder. For example, if your mold has 6 wells, only fill 3 of the chocolate half-spheres with the caramel bits and espresso powder as the remaining 3 will be the top halves of the coffee bombs.
- To seal the spheres, reheat the chocolate in 15-second intervals until melted. Pick up an empty chocolate half-sphere and dip the edges into the melted chocolate. Carefully place it on top of a filled piece and lightly press it into place. Use your finger to smooth melted chocolate around the seam. Continue until all the chocolate bombs are assembled and sealed, then allow to set.
- Once the chocolate spheres have set, add some melted chocolate to a piping bag or Ziploc with the corner snipped off to decorate. Lightly drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the bombs and then add a few caramel bits. Finish by sprinkling a small amount of espresso powder on top.
- Allow the chocolate decorations to set before using, usually about 1 hour.
SHOW ME WHAT YOU’VE GOT!
I hope you love this Caramel Mocha Coffee Bombs Recipe as much as I do! If you decide to give it a try, I want to know! Nothing makes me happier than seeing your own take on my recipes!
If you make some Coffee Bombs, please tag me at @bullocksbuzz (Instagram and Facebook) or @alainabullock (on Twitter) and use #BullocksBuzz so I can see your creation and share it!
And, if you really liked this Caramel Mocha Coffee Bombs recipe, please rate and review it on the recipe card.
MORE COFFEE RECIPES
Looking for some more tasty drinks and recipes using coffee? Give these a try!