Love it? Pls Share it!
Deliciously sweet sugar cookies topped with JuJu Flowers for an extra special treat. These JuJu Flower Sugar Cookies are perfect for spring celebrations or a homemade Mother’s Day gift!
How to Make JuJu Flower Sugar Cookies
Make Mom an extra special treat this Mother’s Day with these made-from-scratch JuJu Flower Sugar Cookies!
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO MAKE SUGAR COOKIES
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Bullock’s Buzz may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend items that I use and love.
Ingredients You Will Need to Make JuJu Flower Sugar Cookies
- butter (2 sticks)- melted and cooled
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- Wilton pink chocolate melts
- juju flowers
- green sour straws
Sugar Cookies Instructions
These JuJu Flower Sugar Cookies are incredibly simple to make. You will find the detailed instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. First, here are the steps with pictures to help you out.
Directions for Making the Sugar Cookies
First, whisk together the eggs and butter.
Then, in a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine. Keep mixing until a dough forms.
Next roll the dough out onto a floured surface.
Then, use the cookie cutters to cut out 18 flower shapes and place them on the cookie sheets.
Then you simply bake until done.
Be sure to allow them to cool completely before decorating.
Directions for Decorating JuJu Flower Cookies
Once the cookies have completely cooled, it’s time to decorate!
To make the flower stems, cut each sour straw in half lengthwise, then cut each half piece into 6 skinny pieces. You should have 48 pieces total for the flower stems once you are finished cutting.
Next, melt the pink candy melts until smooth. Then pour the melted chocolate into a shallow bowl, and dip the front of each cookie into the chocolate to coat it. Once coated, place it on the cookie sheet to harden.
As you place each cookie on the cookie sheet, immediately stick 2-3 JuJu Flowers on the cookie followed by 2-3 Sour Straw flower stems. Work quickly before the chocolate sets.
It helps to press down gently when adding the flowers and stems to ensure they stay in place as the chocolate hardens.
From there all that’s left to do is allow the JuJu Flower Sugar Cookies to “set” for about 30 minutes, and then ENJOY!!
Don’t they look wonderfully delicious?!
And they taste even better! Especially with a nice tall glass of cold milk!
I hope you enjoy this springtime cookie recipe as much as I did! Be sure to grab the handy, dandy printable version of this recipe below.
Do you have a favorite springtime cookie recipe? Share with us in the comments below!
Juju Flowers Sugar Cookies Printable Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter, 2 sticks- melted and cooled
- 3 cups all- purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Wilton pink chocolate melts
- 1 bag juju flowers, can also be found at Dollar Store
- 4 Green Sour Straws
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the eggs and butter. Whisk to mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Stir to blend well.
- Add the vanilla to the egg and butter mixture and stir well. Pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Blend until fully mixed together.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface.
- Using the flower cookie cutter, cut out 18 flower shapes and place them on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just beginning to lightly brown.
- Cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to completely cool.
DECORATING SUGAR COOKIES
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- Cut each sour straw in half lengthwise. Cut each piece into 6 pieces. You will have 48 pieces total for the flower stems.
- In a double boiler, microwave, or candy melting pot, add the pink chocolate chips and stir occasionally until melted.
- Pour the melted pink chocolate into a shallow bowl and dip the front of each cookie into the chocolate. Place on cookie sheets to harden.
- Immediately place 2-3 juju flowers on each cookie (before the chocolate hardens).
- Add 2-3 sour straw stems and press down gently.
- Let the cookies "set" for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to finish hardening.
Prep time includes cooling time.
Cooking time includes time for both baking cookies and melting candy melts.
Calories are an estimate based on calorie calculator.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Unsaturated Fat: 0g