This colorful and cheerful Valentine’s Day Candy Charcuterie Board is SO much tasty fun! Filled with heart-shaped cookies, candies, and chocolate-covered pretzels, this dessert board is the perfect way to celebrate the sweetest day of the year!
Is Valentine’s Day on your radar yet? Honestly, it wasn’t on mine at all. Instead, trying to get the house ready to sell, working on the blog, cooking, cleaning, and bickering with my husband over stupid stuff (don’t you hate that?!) has been taking up all of my time and focus.
Add in trying to keep up with and comprehend everything that’s going on in this country and the world right now, and I literally had to force myself to take a deep breath and step away from the insanity.
So to get my mind off of things I decided to create a scrumptious and dreamy Valentine’s Day Candy Charcuterie Board! After all, Valentine’s Day is the sweetest day of the year, so why not celebrate it with a quick and easy Valentine’s Dessert Board?
VALENTINE’S DAY CANDY BOARD
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Bullock’s Buzz will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products that I use and love.
Get ready to fall in love with this fun and simple Valentine’s Day Candy Charcuterie Board! Filled with a mouth-watering selection of sweets and treats, this candy board for Valentine’s Day or Galentine’s Day definitely beats a box of chocolates!
Plus, it is so quick and easy to make, you can have it done in four simple steps. It’s perfect for a last-minute idea!
So gather all the pink, red & white sweets of the season, and make this stunning and sweet Valentine’s dessert board for your loved ones!
HOW DO YOU MAKE A CANDY CHARCUTERIE BOARD?
It’s actually pretty easy to create a beautiful candy board for Valentine’s Day (or any other occasion). You simply gather whatever sweets and treats your heart desires (hah! get it?) and then arrange them on a serving tray.
If you’ve seen my other dessert boards, like this St. Patrick’s Day Charcuterie Board or my Easter Dessert Charcuterie Board, you’ll notice some similarities – especially in the way I lay out the design.
Here are the steps I take:
- I start by picking a theme or color palette (pink, white, and red are perfect for Valentine’s Day)
- Then, I place a few smaller bowls or ramekins and fill them with smaller candies. In this case, this heart-shaped plate and these heart-shaped bowls worked perfectly!
- Next, I arrange the other candies and treats in fun and uniform patterns as I did with the heart-shaped cookies along the edges of the board and the diagonal lines made with the rock candy.
- I then arrange cookies, candies, or other treats around the bowls, then fill in any holes with smaller candies.
Don’t overthink making a Valentine’s Day charcuterie board. The point is to have fun with it and be creative!
WHAT DO I ADD TO A VALENTINE’S DAY CANDY CHARCUTERIE BOARD?
This edible display is chock-full of new and classic red, pink, and white treats ready to be devoured by your favorite Valentines and/or Galentines!
I purchased all of the treats for this Valentine’s Day Candy Charcuterie Board from Walmart and Amazon (get the full printable list of items that I used below). You can also find great selections online at Oriental Trading and Party City.
And while charcuterie boards are awesome because you don’t have to coook or bake, there’s no reason why you couldn’t add your own homemade treats as well!
For this super cute Valentine’s Day Candy Charcuterie Board I used:
COOKIES– these I found in the bakery section at Walmart. They came in a box that included heart-shaped sugar cookies, wedding cookies, strawberry cookies, and more. You could also make your own cookies such as sugar cookies with pink or red sprinkles or heart-shaped chocolate chip cookies. Macaroons are also a crowd favorite.
CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS – Valentine’s Day just wouldn’t be the same without some type of chocolate-covered treat. These heart-shaped pretzels covered in white chocolate came from Walmart, although you could easily make your own with this chocolate-covered pretzel recipe!
CANDY – there is no shortage of candy on this Valentine’s candy board! With swirled lollipops, chocolate kisses, cinnamon gummy lips, red Jolly Ranchers, Sixlets, rock candy, Red Hots, and of course, Conversation Hearts, I used a variety of shapes and sizes to spread across the dessert board.
WHAT TYPE OF TRAY DO I NEED TO MAKE A CANDY CHARCUTERIE BOARD?
When choosing a platter for your candy charcuterie board pretty much anything goes. I’ve made charcuterie boards with cheese boards, serving trays, chargers, and even Lazy Susan’s.
I wanted to make this Valentine’s Charcuterie Board on a large heart-shaped platter, but unfortunately, I waited too long and couldn’t find one that would work size-wise. This heart-shaped cheeseboard from Amazon would’ve been perfect!
Whatever type of platter you choose, just make sure it is large enough to hold enough food for the number of people you are serving.
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!
I hope you love this Valentine’s Day Candy Charcuterie Board as much as I do! It’s so easy and fun. If you give it a try, I’d love to know! Nothing makes me happier than seeing your own take on my boards!
If you make a sweet Valentine’s spread inspired by this post, please tag me at @bullocksbuzz (Instagram and Facebook) or @alainabullock (on Twitter) and use #BullocksBuzz so I can see your creation and share it!
And, if you liked this Valentine’s Day candy charcuterie board recipe, please rate and review it below.
MORE VALENTINE’S DAY RECIPES
Looking for more lovely treats for Valentine’s Day? Give these a try!
- Heart-Shaped Red Velvet Whoopie Pies (free printable!)
- Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Donuts Topped with Chocolate Ganache
PRINTABLE VALENTINE’S DAY CANDY CHARCUTERIE BOARD INSTRUCTIONS + INGREDIENT LIST
- 1 box Valentine's Day Cookies
- 1 package White Chocolate Covered Pretzels , heart-shaped
- 1 bag Brach's Tiny Conversation Hearts
- 1 bag Shimmer Sixlets, white
- 1 bag Brach's Jube Jel Cinnamon Lips
- 8 sticks Rock Candy , pink and red
- 1 bag Jolly Rancher Hard Candy Awesome Reds
- 1 package Red Hots Cinnamon Candy
- 1 bag Hershey's Valentine's Day Milk Chocolate Kisses
- Choose a nice board or platter to arrange your items on, and pick enough candy and treats to fill your tray.
- Place a few small bowls or dishes on the tray in an attractive way and fill them with the smaller candies for visual interest.
- Arrange the other candies, cookies, and treats in fun and uniform patterns, making sure to fill in the spaces in and around the dishes.
- Finish off by filling in any open spaces or holes with little candies like Sixlets.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.