Today’s post featuring an incredible recipe for Coca-Cola Christmas Cupcakes and a fun holiday craft, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareHolidayJoy #CollectiveBias
Coca-Cola Christmas Cupcakes Recipe & DIY Coke Bottle Christmas Characters
Can you believe the holidays are almost here?! This time of year is my favorite for so many reasons! I love the cooler temperatures, the smell of smoke from people’s fireplaces in the cold night air, the beautiful twinkling lights, the joyful music, and spending lots of time with friends and family. I also love the holiday parties, the traditions, and my personal favorite – the fun holiday crafts and delicious recipes to make!
Speaking of the traditions, every year I make a point to #ShareHolidayJoy with my friends and neighbors by creating a handmade gift. Most of the time this involves baked goods and another fun treat.
This year, I decided to make my family’s favorite Coca-Cola Christmas Cupcakes topped with rich Chocolate Coca-Cola Icing! This recipe is so good, that I wanted to share it with you as well – plus a fun craft you can do with the empty bottles!
Now I know what you’re thinking, “another Coca-Cola Cupcake recipe?!”. Well yes, and no. You see there is something unique about this recipe, something that makes it stand out from the rest. You want to know my secret?
Coke de Mexico Coca-Cola! Yep, instead of using the Coca-Cola we have here in the US, I prefer to use Coke de Mexico because it is made with real sugar and no high fructose corn syrup! And let me tell you, it makes all the difference! Don’t they look amazing?!
Want to give these Coca Cola Christmas cupcakes a try for yourself – and see how to make these adorable candy-filled Coke Bottle Christmas Characters that double as a gift? Keep reading!
Before you get started, you will need to head to your local Sam’s Club to pick up a 24 pack of 355ml glass bottles of Coke de Mexico Coca-Cola. I found it towards the front corner of the store, near the bakery where all of their drinks are located.
The 24 pack is the perfect size for all your holiday entertaining needs, whether it’s for cooking, parties or a holiday dinner with the entire family! Plus, Sam’s Club has a special holiday price of $3.98 on their 4 pack of 2-liter Coke and Diet Coke! That price is good for the whole holiday season! Now, let’s get cooking!
Coca-Cola Christmas Cupcakes with Chocolate Coca-Cola Icing
Ingredients for Coca-Cola Christmas Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
1 cup Coca-Cola (Coke de Mexico works best!)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
For the Icing
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup cocoa
1/3 cup Coca-Cola (Coke de Mexico is best!)
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions to Make Coca-Cola Christmas Cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with baking papers.
In a small saucepan, add the Coca-Cola, cocoa powder, and butter.
Stir over medium heat until butter is melted.
Add the sugars and whisk until they are completely dissolved.
Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool.
Once the mixture has cooled, in a separate large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
In another, smaller bowl, whisk egg until just beaten.
Now whisk the egg into the cooled cocoa mixture.
Follow that with the flour mixture, adding just a little bit at a time, and stirring gently until completely combined.
Using a small measuring cup or spoon, pour the batter into the cupcake papers until each one is about 3/4 full. Tip: use the foil lined cupcake wrappers as a way to keep the batter from sticking.
Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the cake springs back when gently pressed in the middle.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
DIY Coke Bottle Christmas Characters!
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 Coca Cola soft drink
- 1/2 cup butter cut into slices
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with baking papers.
- In a small saucepan, heat Coca-Cola, cocoa powder, and butter over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add in the brown sugar and white sugar, whisking until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg until just beaten.
- Whisk the egg into the cooled cocoa mixture until completely combined.
- The gently stir the flour mixture into cocoa mixture.
- Pour batter into the cupcake papers, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake the cupcakes for 25 minutes or until cake springs back when pressed in the middle.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
For the Icing
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine the butter, cocoa and Coca-Cola, stirring until butter melts.
- Remove from heat then stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spoon immediately over warm cake.
Tip: use foil lined cupcake liners to prevent cupcakes from sticking
Serving Size:1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.