With Coca Cola in both the cupcakes and the frosting, these Christmas Coca Cola Cupcakes are rich and fudgy and light and fluffy. They’re a delicious Christmastime treat!
The holidays are my favorite time of the year for so many reasons. I love the cooler temperatures, the smell of smoke from fireplaces in the cold night air, the beautiful twinkling lights, the joyful music, and the time spent with family and friends.
I also love the holiday parties, the traditions, and my personal favorite – the fun holiday crafts and delicious recipes I get to make!
This year, I decided to make these Coca-Cola Christmas Cupcakes topped with rich Chocolate Coca-Cola Icing! This recipe is so good, that I wanted to share it with you as well – plus a fun craft you can do with the empty bottles – DIY Coke Bottle Christmas Characters!
Now I know what you’re thinking, “another Coca-Cola Cupcake recipe?!” Well, yes, and no. You see there is something unique about this recipe, something that makes it stand out from the rest. You want to know my secret?
Coke de Mexico Coca-Cola! Yep, instead of using the Coca-Cola we have here in the US, I prefer to use Coke de Mexico because it is made with real sugar and no high fructose corn syrup! And let me tell you, it makes all the difference!
Don’t they look amazing?!
Want to give these Coca Cola Christmas cupcakes a try for yourself? Keep reading!
How to Make Coca-Cola Christmas Cupcakes with Chocolate Coca-Cola Frosting
With Coca Cola in both the cupcakes and the frosting, these Christmas Coca Cola Cupcakes are rich and fudgy and light and fluffy. They’re so yummy, they won’t last long, either!
You will find the complete ingredient list and instructions in the free printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend items I use and love.
- hand mixer or countertop mixer
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 12-count muffin/cupcake pan
- cupcake liners
- mixing bowls – small and medium
- stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment OR hand-held mixer
- small saucepan
Ingredients for Coca-Cola Christmas Cupcakes
- Coca-Cola (Coke de Mexico is my fav. cause no HFCS, just brown sugar)
- cocoa powder
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- dark brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
Coca-Cola Christmas Cupcakes Instructions
Step One: Prep
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a cupcake pan with baking papers.
Step Two: Combine Coke, Cocoa and Butter
- In a small saucepan, add the Coca-Cola, cocoa powder, and butter.
Step Three: Heat
- Stir mixture over medium heat until butter is melted.
Step Four: Add Sugars
- Slowly stir in the sugars and whisk until they are completely dissolved.
Step Five: Let Cool Completely
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool completely before adding anything else.
Step Six: Combine Dry Ingredients
- As the mixture is cooling, in a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Step Seven: Whisk Egg
- In yet another, smaller bowl, whisk the egg until just beaten.
Step Eight: Add Egg to Batter
- Now whisk the egg into the cooled cocoa mixture.
Step Nine: Add Dry Ingredients to Batter
- Slow add in the flour mixture, a little bit at a time, stirring gently until completely combined.
Step Ten: Fill Cupcake Pan
- Using a small measuring cup or spoon, pour the batter into the cupcake papers until each one is about 3/4 full. Tip: use the foil lined cupcake wrappers as a way to keep the batter from sticking.
Step Eleven: Bake
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the cake springs back when gently pressed in the middle.
Step Twelve: Cool
- Allow cupcakes to cool just a bit before frosting. As you will read below, it works best to frost them while the cupcakes are still a tad warm.
How to Make Coca Cola Frosting
This easy-to-make icing has a consistency that is more like a glaze or a chocolate ganache rather than a frosting. It adds the perfect amount of chocolate-y sweetness to the Coca-Cola Cupcakes – just don’t overdo it as it is quite sweet!
Ingredients for Coca-Cola Frosting
- Coca-Cola (Coke de Mexico!)
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- Christmas sprinkles – I used holly and berries sprinkles
Coca-Cola Frosting Instructions
While the cupcakes are cooling is the perfect time to start it.
You will want to add the icing to the cupcakes as soon as you finish making it. It is best if the cupcakes are still slightly warm when you frost them!
Step One: Combine Coke, Cocoa and Butter
- Begin by combining the butter, cocoa and Coca-Cola in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir just until butter melts and the ingredients are completely combined.
Step Two: Remove from Heat
- Once the butter has melted, remove the pan from the heat.
Step Three: Slowly Add Powdered Sugar
- Start adding the powdered sugar a little bit at a time, stirring as you go.
Step Four: Add Vanilla Extract
- Last of all, add the vanilla flavoring, and stir well.
Step Five: Frost
- Use a spoon to drizzle the frosting over the cupcakes while it is still warm. As the icing begins to cool, it will harden slightly adding an elegant touch to the overall look of these Cocoa Cola Cupcakes.
Step Six: Decorate with Sprinkles
- Before the frosting sets, decorate the cupcakes with sprinkles or small candies.
Allow the Cocoa Cola Frosting to set and that’s it! All that’s left is to enjoy!
These Christmas Cocoa Cola Cupcakes also make a great homemade gift idea!
LIKE IT? LOVE IT? SHARE THIS COCOA COLA CUPCAKE RECIPE!
Did you make this heavenly holiday recipe? If so, I’d love to see how it turned out!
Nothing makes me happier than seeing your take on my recipes. So please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bullocksbuzz or using #bullocksbuzz and share a photo of your tasty creations!
And finally, if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating on the printable recipe card below!
More Christmas Recipes
Looking for more delicious and unique holiday recipes? If you liked this simple Christmas Coca Cola Cupcakes recipe, then I believe you’ll love these other Christmas recipes!
- Christmas White Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- White Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Marshmallows
- Double Delight Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
Printable Recipe Card
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 Coca Cola soft drink
- 1/2 cup butter cut into slices
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with baking papers.
- In a small saucepan, heat Coca-Cola, cocoa powder, and butter over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add in the brown sugar and white sugar, whisking until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg until just beaten.
- Whisk the egg into the cooled cocoa mixture until completely combined.
- The gently stir the flour mixture into cocoa mixture.
- Pour batter into the cupcake papers, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake the cupcakes for 25 minutes or until cake springs back when pressed in the middle.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
For the Icing
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine the butter, cocoa and Coca-Cola, stirring until butter melts.
- Remove from heat then stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spoon immediately over warm cake.
Tip: use foil lined cupcake liners to prevent cupcakes from sticking
Serving Size:1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.