Bring rustic charm to your table with this beautiful piece of DIY farmhouse decor. You can make this simple DIY Milk Can Vase Centerpiece in minutes using nothing more than a galvanized milk can, some paint, a bit of rope, and a few faux flowers.
A few years back I found an old-fashioned milk can as part of the Fall decor at the dollar store. That year I used it in a pretty DIY Thanksgiving tablescape. However, I really haven’t used it since then, so I wanted to do something different with it. The result? A pretty piece of DIY farmhouse decor in the form of a super cute Milk Can centerpiece.
All it takes is a simple milk can, some classic farmhouse white paint, and a bundle of faux flowers to create a look that is perfect for your decor.
How to Make Your Own DIY Rustic Farmhouse Milk Can Vase
This smaller milk can is the perfect rustic vase for a centerpiece on your table. It measures right around 7.5 inches high and is so easy to make.
And while you can find plenty of rustic farmhouse milk can decor online, it’s so much more fun to create your own DIY decor.
Plus, it’s a lot less expensive. This farmhouse-style craft cost me a total of $5 as almost everything came from a dollar store, and I already had the jute rope and paint.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products I think you’ll love. If you make a purchase from one of these links, Bullock’s Buzz will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. As always, I only recommend products that I have (or have had), use, and love.
Supplies Needed to Make a Farmhouse Milk Can Vase Centerpiece
If you can’t find a milk can at the dollar store, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Joann also have a good selection of these kinds of containers. There are also some on Amazon, like this one, but I’ve found that craft stores have them for a lot less!
- milk can 7.5″ tall – like this one at Hobby Lobby
- jute rope (between 8 – 10 mm thick; 36-inches in length)
- river rocks – to support flowers in the vase
- faux flowers of your choice
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
Rustic Milk Can Vase Instructions
This simple farmhouse-style rustic milk can vase craft is incredibly quick and easy to make. The longest part is waiting for the paint to dry! You can find the complete material list and instructions in the printable card below.
First, you’ll paint milk can.
Next, you’ll add the Jute Rope
Then you’ll insert the rocks and flowers.
And that’s it! It’s truly one of the easiest DIY farmhouse decor pieces I’ve ever made!
Simple Seasonal Farmhouse Decor
One thing I love about this DIY Rustic Farmhouse Milk Can Vase is that it can be used for pretty much any season! While I love the Fall vibe it has here, all I have to do is swap out the type of faux flowers and I have instant seasonal decor.
DIY Milk Can Vase – Farmhouse Decor
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 1 piece galvanized or metal milk can mine is 7.5 inches tall
- 1 piece 8-10 mm thick jute rope mine took around 36-inches
- 1 bottle chalk paint any color – I used sheepskin
- 1 paintbrush
- 1 package river rocks
- 1 bundle faux flowers
- First, begin by laying out a newspaper and painting your milk can with chalk paint. You will most likely need to do two or three coats to make sure the original color doesn't bleed through. Let each coat dry completely before adding the next.
- Once the milk can vase is painted and dry, the next step is to add the jute twine around the neck of the can. A few drops of hot glue, and it's good to go.
- Now add some river rocks to hold the flowers in place, then add the sunflowers.
More Easy Crafts
If you like this simple DIY Farmhouse Decor Milk Can Vase, then I bet you’ll also like these crafts!