Soft, chewy, and easy-to-make these Lemon Cake Mix Cookies are perfect for any time you want a sweet treat.
The other day I was craving cookies big time! I didn’t have all the ingredients to make my go-to Double Chocolate Chip Cookies, so I decided to try something a bit different. I remembered hearing about the cake mix cookies that so many people rave about, but I’d never tried them.
Luckily, I found a box of lemon cake mix in the pantry, some eggs in the fridge, and oil and confectioners’ sugar in the cabinet. I put them all together and less than thirty minutes later I had some of the yummiest cookies ever: these Lemon Cake Mix Cookies!
How to Make Lemon Cake Mix Cookies – Crinkle Cookie Recipe
These cake mix lemon cookies are everything you want and more! Soft, chewy, flavorful and incredibly simple to make.
All you need is three ingredients and about twenty minutes.
They are a fantastic, no-fuss treat everyone in the family will love! So easy, so delicious, and so fun!
Feel free to add sprinkles to the mix, glaze them, or just cook and eat them plain. I promise they won’t last long.
Helpful Kitchen Tools You May Need
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend items I use and love.
- hand mixer or counter-top mixer with bowl
- small bowl for dipping in sugar
- 2-inch cookie batter scoop
- cookie sheet
- measuring cups
- parchment paper or Silpat mat
- Cooling racks
Ingredients Needed to Make Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
Believe it or not, you only need 4 ingredients to make this tasty crinkle cookie recipe!
- Lemon Cake Mix – I prefer Duncan Hines, but feel free to use your favorite
- Eggs – these need to be at room temperature
- Canola or Vegetable Oil – I prefer vegetable
- Confectioner’s Sugar (powdered sugar) – don’t skip this!
How to Make Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
You will adore how simple – and quick – these cookies are to make! In less than 30 minutes you can have a lemony sweet treat everyone will love!
Step One: Prep
- Preheat the oven.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Add confectioners’ sugar to a small bowl and set aside.
Step Two: Make Batter
- In a large mixing bowl add the cake mix, oil and eggs. Mix well until a very sticky batter/dough is formed.
Step Three: Roll in Powdered Sugar
- Next use a cookie scoop to add a ball of dough into the bowl with the powdered sugar. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, try using two spoons.
- Now, roll the cookie dough ball around to completely coat it with the powdered sugar.
- Then place it on the prepared cookie sheet, leaving about 2.5 inches in between each cookie.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.
Step Four: Bake
- Place the filled cookie sheet in the oven to bake.
Pro Tip: do not overbake these Lemon Cake Mix Cookies, they will be very soft when they’re done. They may even look undercooked, but they will continue to set up as they cool.
Step Five: Cool
- Once cookies are finished, remove from oven and allow to cool and finish setting on the sheet for about five minutes.
- Next, gently transfer cookies to the cooling rack to cool completely.
Can Cake Mix Cookies Be Stored?
Yes, you can store these cookies – if you have any leftovers, that is. Place cookies in an airtight container and put in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Like It? Love It? Share It!
Did you make this easy cake mix cookie recipe? If so, I’d love to see how it turned out! Nothing makes me happier than seeing your take on my recipes.
So please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bullocksbuzz or using #bullocksbuzz and share a photo of your tasty creations!
Don’t forget to save it either by clicking on that little heart over there to your right or by pinning it on Pinterest.
And then share with your friends and family by clicking the share buttons above the post title, too!
If you really liked this cake box cookie recipe, comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating on the printable recipe card below!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS COOKIE RECIPES?
Like this Lemon Cake Mix Cookies recipe? Then you’ll love these other cookie recipes, too! Simply click on the name or the picture to go to each recipe.
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Printable Recipe Card
- 1 box of Lemon Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ cup of Canola or Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup of Confectioner’s Sugar, powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with a silicon liner or parchment paper.
- Add the powered sugar to a bowl and set to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cake mix, oil and eggs and mix it well until a very sticky batter/dough is formed.
- Next scoop a heaping tablespoon of the batter into the bowl with the powdered sugar. I found the using a cookie scoop really helped to make this easier. If you don't have one, use two spoons.
- Now, roll the batter around to completely coat it with the powdered sugar.
- Place it on the prepared cookie sheet, and repeat with the rest of the dough. I left about 2.5 inches in between each cookie.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, then remove from the oven and leave on the sheet to set for about five minutes.
- Next, gently transfer to the cooling rack to cool completely.
For a fun twist, try adding sprinkles to the mix!
Cookies can be stored in an air tight container.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.