These deliciously refreshing Chocolate Mint Popsicles are rich, smooth and creamy, and made with real pieces of Andes Mints! This is one homemade popsicle recipe you won’t want to miss!
Okay, I’ll admit it. I’ve love popsicles! Whether made with fresh fruit, soda, juice or even with pudding like my husband’s favorite S’mores Pudding Pops or these amazing French Vanilla Pudding Pops, nothing tastes better on a hot summer’s day than fresh-from-the-freezer homemade popsicles! Today, I’ve got another amazing popsicle recipe that you won’t want to miss: Chocolate Mint Popsicles made with real Andes mint chocolate candies!
Similar to my Strawberry Paletas recipe, these rich and creamy Chocolate Mint Popsicles are made with Greek yogurt, which in my opinion makes a great base for a popsicle. Add in some milk, honey, chocolate candies and flavoring, and you’ve got an easy-to-make hot weather treat the whole family will love!
And if you don’t have any popsicle molds, it’s not a problem. Paper cups will work just as well! So, are you ready to see how to make my Chocolate Mint Popsicles?
Andes Chocolate Mint Popsicles Recipe
Yields 6 popsicles
Ingredients to Make Chocolate Mint Popsicles
1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons honey
1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 -3 drops green food coloring (for color, if desired)
1 cup Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Mint Baking Chips
1/3 cup Wilton Dark Chocolate Candy Mint Melts
Parchment or wax paper
Directions to Make Chocolate Mint Popsicles
Begin by adding the yogurt, milk, honey, vanilla and peppermint extract to a large bowl or pitcher. Then, if desired, add a few drops of food coloring.
Whisk well to thoroughly incorporate all of the ingredients.
Next, drop about 1 tablespoon of the Andes chocolate chips into the bottom of each popsicle mold.
Pour the yogurt mixture into the mold, making sure to leave enough room at the top for some more candies.
Once each mold is almost filled, add 1 -2 tablespoons of the Andes Chocolate Chips (some of these will fall down into the middle of each pop – YUM).
Now, insert the lid-sticks for each mold and freeze for at least five hours. I usually freeze mine overnight, but you don’t have to.
Once the popsicles are completely frozen, line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment or wax paper. Run the molds under warm water for about 20 seconds, then gently remove the popsicles from the molds. Place on the lined cookie sheet.
Next, microwave the Wilton mint chocolate candy melts for about 45 seconds in a microwave safe bowl. Stir, and continue to heat in 10 second increments until the candy is completely melted and smooth.
Now, dip the tops of each popsicle into the melted chocolate, and then use a spoon to drizzle more chocolate over the entire popsicle. Immediately follow with an additional sprinkle of Andes mint chips on the melted chocolate.
And that’s it! Now all that is left to do is ENJOY!! Don’t they look mouth-wateringly delicious (is that even a word)?!
And now, the easy-peasy printable homemade popsicle recipe…
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup Andes Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Wilton Mint chocolate Candy Melts
- Add the yogurt, milk, honey, vanilla and peppermint extract to a large bowl or pitcher. Whisk to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Drop 1 Tablespoon of the Andes chocolate chips into each popsicle mold.
- Pour the yogurt into each popsicle mold, leaving a little room at the top to add an additional 1-2 Tablespoons of Mint chocolate chips (some will fall down into the middle of each pop).
- Insert lids/sticks for each mold and freeze for at least 5 hours.
- Once the popsicles are completely frozen, line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Run the popsicle molds under warm water for about 20 seconds and gently release. Place on the lined cookie sheet.
- Microwave the mint chocolate candy melts for 45 seconds in a microwave safe bowl. Stir and continue to microwave in 10 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the tops of each popsicle into the melted chocolate and drizzle additional chocolate all over each popsicle. Immediately, sprinkle additional mint chips on the melted chocolate, if desired.
Serving Size:1 popsicle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 38gProtein: 9g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
Like this recipe? Then you will love these frozen treats!