Rich chocolate and cool peppermint come together to create soft, chewy, delectable brownies in this Double Delight Chocolate Peppermint Brownies recipe.
Baking is one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. It’s also one of my favorite gifts to give to my close friends and family. After all, nothing shows how much you care as much as a homemade holiday treat. Especially when that treat is my Double Delight Chocolate Peppermint Brownies!
While holiday cookies are a staple this time of the year, it’s fun to change things up every now and then. That’s why these Double Delight Chocolate Peppermint Brownies are one of my favorite holiday treats to make.
Not only are these brownies incredibly easy to make, but the recipe calls for a just a few common ingredients. Plus, they can be ready in 40 minutes or less!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE MINT BROWNIES
This heavenly holiday brownie recipe combines the best of both worlds: rich chocolate and cool peppermint! Of course the holidays aren’t the only time you can make these brownies. In fact these brownies taste so good, you’ll definitely want to enjoy them more than once a year!
Kitchen Tools You May Need
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend items I use and love.
- 9 x 9 square pan
- mixing bowl
- countertop mixer or handheld mixer
- snack bag or disposable icing bag – for adding the chocolate syrup
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE DOUBLE DELIGHT CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT BROWNIES
One of my favorite things about this brownie recipe is that you can either use your favorite made-from-scratch brownie recipe, or you can use a boxed mix.
As busy as this time of year can be, I’ll take all of the shortcuts I can get – without sacrificing flavor, that is. Therefore, I opted to use a boxed mix. If you do the same, remember you will also need the ingredients called for on that box.
You will find the full ingredients and directions in the free printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Brownie Mix OR your favorite homemade brownie recipe
- if using a brownie mix: the ingredients that mix calls for (usually water, vegetable oil and egg)
- chocolate syrup or chocolate chips and a way to melt them
- crushed peppermint – if you can’t find any crushed peppermint, just grab a few candy canes or peppermint discs and crush them yourself.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THESE BROWNIES
Making these Double Delight Chocolate Peppermint Brownies is a cinch!
Step One: Bake Brownies
- Begin by baking the brownies in a 9″ x 9″ square pan according to your recipe or the instructions on the box.
- Once the brownies are finished baking, allow them to cool completely.
Step Two: Add Chocolate Syrup
- Next, pour a small amount of the chocolate syrup into a snack bag and snip off a tiny corner. This makes it easier to control the amount of chocolate as you do not want too much.
- Now drizzle some of the syrup over the brownies.
Step Three: Add Peppermint
- Follow the chocolate syrup with a sprinkling of crushed peppermint. The syrup will help hold the peppermint on the top of the brownies.
Step Four: More Chocolate
- Then finish off these Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownies with another drizzle of chocolate syrup.
And that’s it! You are done! See, I told you it was incredibly easy!
Pro Tip: I always let the brownies sit for least 15 minutes before serving so the syrup will set a bit.
WHAT IS THE BEST PAN FOR BROWNIES? METAL OR GLASS
One of the biggest debates in the baking world is which pan works better for baking brownies, glass or metal? Over the years, I have made tons of brownies. I’ve made some in metal pans and others in glass. When it comes to the question of which is the best pan for brownies, I firmly believe it comes down to personal preference.
A metal pan works well for heat conduction and browning. Especially for recipes that have a shorter baking time. Plus, the brownies tend to have chewier, fudgier edges when I bake them in a metal pan versus a glass pan. A metal pan also makes it a lot easier to remove the brownies once baked.
However, because a metal pan heats up quickly, you run the risk of overcooking the brownies if you are not careful.
Baking brownies in a glass pan also has its benefits. A glass pan will heat up gradually, helping to eliminate the risk of over baking the brownies. Once the glassware is hot, it gets even hotter, staying at an extremely high temperature, resulting in a faster cooking time. It also distributes heat evenly therefore giving the brownies a nice, even bake.
However, once the glass pan is removed from the oven, it cools very slowly, therefore increasing the risk of overbaking the brownies while they cool in the pan. Your brownies are also more difficult to remove cleanly from a glass pan.
As you can see, each method has its own benefits and disadvantages. That’s why I say it really comes down to personal opinion. Whichever type of pan you decide to use, as long as you grease the pan and keep a watchful eye on the brownies as they cook and cool, they should turn out just fine!
GIVE THESE BROWNIES AS A GIFT
These soft and chewy, chocolatey peppermint brownies not only make a great sweet treat for the entire family to enjoy, but they also make an amazing homemade gift! After all, not many people can resist that heavenly combination of chocolate and peppermint!
MORE WINTER HOLIDAY RECIPES
Looking for more delicious and unique holiday recipes? If you liked this simple holiday recipe, then I believe you’ll love these other Christmas and Hanukkah recipes!
LIKE IT? LOVE IT? SHARE IT!
Did you make this Peppermint Brownie Recipe recipe? If so, I’d love to see how it turned out!
Nothing makes me happier than seeing your take on my recipes. So please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bullocksbuzz or using #bullocksbuzz and share a photo of your tasty creations!
And finally, if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating on the printable recipe card below!
- 1 box Brownie Mix, or your favorite brownie recipe
- 1/4 cup or less of chocolate syrup
- 4 tbsp. crushed peppermint
- Any ingredients the boxed mix calls for
- Begin by greasing a 9" x 9" square pan .
- Next bake the brownies according to your recipe or the instructions on the box.
- Pour a small amount of the chocolate syrup into a snack bag and snip off a tiny corner. Now drizzle some of the syrup over the brownies.
- Follow with a sprinkling of crushed peppermint.
- Finish off with another drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- Serve and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.