A fun made-from-scratch Halloween treat that’s easy to make and requires only 3 ingredients? Yes, please! Boozy, fruity, and sweet, these Boozy Gummy Skulls are a spooktacular solution to Halloween snacks for adults.
Why should kids have all the fun – and all the treats – on Halloween? Make this Halloween one to remember for adults too with these spooktacular Boozy Gummy Skulls that look fearfully frightful, but are devilishly delicious.
Halloween is one of my favorite times to get creative. I’m like a mad scientist in the kitchen cooking up all sorts of fun and creepy Halloween recipes from Frankenstein Twinkies to swirled Halloween Candy Bark.
Last year, I wanted to make something that adults could enjoy too. So I surprised everyone with these Vodka-Infused Pumpkins. And while they were wickedly tasty and fun to make, I wanted to try making alcoholic gummy candy from scratch.
So this year I came up with these vodka-filled boozy gummy skulls!
HOMEMADE VODKA GUMMIES FOR HALLOWEEN
These Halloween vodka gummy skulls are made from scratch using nothing more than gelatin and vodka. I used lemon flavored Jello for these and the flavor really pops!
You can taste the vodka a little bit, but it’s not overwhelming. You get the tart lemon flavor, with a bite of vodka at the end. To me, they taste almost exactly like a limoncello!
While you can easily make alcohol-infused gummy candy using store-bought gummy bears, you literally have to let them soak overnight, and sometimes up to 48 hours to really get the alcohol in there.
This simple homemade vodka gummy recipe, however, takes just 5 to 10 minutes to prep and can be ready to eat in about two hours! Plus the gummies come out a little more firm and less slimy.
Remember, this scarily simple no-bake Halloween treat recipe is for adults only. So be sure to keep these alcoholic gummies out-of-sight and out of reach from the kiddos so they don’t mistake them for candy.
HOW TO MAKE VODKA GUMMIES FROM SCRATCH
Learning how to make vodka gummies from scratch is eerily easy! With just a handful of ingredients and a mold or two, you can have these homemade boozy gummy skulls ready to enjoy in just a couple of hours.
The only special equipment you need to make these vodka gummies from scratch are the molds. Although I also highly recommend using a dropper to fill the molds. It’s SO much quicker, easier, and cleaner! I actually had an old medicine dropper laying around and it worked perfectly.
So without further ado…here’s how to make these spookalicious Halloween Boozy Vodka Gummy Skulls from scratch (the complete ingredients and instructions are listed in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post).
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Bullock’s Buzz will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products that I use and love.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
- skull molds – I got mine from Walmart, but Amazon has a great selection
- dropper (optional but makes it easier and cleaner)
- small saucepan
VODKA GUMMY SKULLS INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup flavored vodka*
- 1 box lemon jello*
- 1 packet of Knox gelatin
VODKA GUMMIES RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
- Begin by whisking together the vodka, Jello, and gelatin in a small saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin and jello are fully dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling. Do not bring to boil as it will cook a lot of the alcohol out.
- Remove from heat. Quickly use an eyedropper or medicine syringe to transfer the mixture into the gummy skull molds. I filled mine almost the way up to the top.
- Transfer the molds to the fridge to set, usually about 2-3 hours.
- Pop gummies out and enjoy!
TIP – if your molds are not non-stick, add a tiny amount of oil or butter to a napkin and lightly grease the molds. This will help you remove the vodka gummy skulls easily.
HOW TO SERVE BOOZY GUMMY SKULLS
There are lots of creative ways you can serve these Halloween boozy gummy skulls, especially as they make for a great Halloween party recipe. Some ideas include:
- add a few into shot cups so everyone can grab a “shot” worth of gummy skulls!
- fill a small ramakin or bowl with toasted coconut and lay a few gummy skulls on top
- serve these in a spooky Halloween-themed dish along with a little cup of toothpicks or spoons right next to the serving dish to keep things clean.
These are a bit tacky and will stick together so keep that in mind when serving them.
DO VODKA GUMMIES GO BAD?
These Vodka Gummy Skulls can go bad, but it’ll take a few days. To make them last, you’ll need to store them properly.
HOW TO STORE HOMEMADE BOOZY GUMMY SKULLS
These Halloween Boozy Gummy Skulls need to be stored in the fridge until ready to serve. You’ll also want to be careful not to leave them sitting out at room temperature for long periods of time.
They’ll stay good a few days if you cover them in an airtight container and keep them refrigerated, but after that, they’ll start to dry out.
DO VODKA GUMMIES GET YOU DRUNK?
Yes! These gummy skulls do pack a punch, especially if you eat too many in quick succession. They are pretty much pure alcohol (as in no other liquid goes into making these). Plus they’re so tasty and sweet it’d be easy to eat a whole bunch before you realize it. So beware!
As with any alcoholic beverage or food item, moderation is advisable, and please drink…err…eat responsibly!
BOOZY GUMMY SKULLS VARIATIONS
These alcoholic Gummy Skulls are so easy to make and customize it’s almost scary! Get creative with gummy shapes, colors, and alcohol flavors. Make as large or as small of a batch as you want.
You could also use flavored vodka or another type of alcohol altogether. And you can switch up the flavor Jello, too.
MORE EASY HALLOWEEN TREATS
Looking for more quick and easy Halloween treats? Check out these wicked finds that are perfect for kids and adults:
- Witches’ Brew Popcorn
- Orange Screamsicle Cupcakes in a Jar
- One-Eyed Purple People Eater Marshmallow Pops
PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD
Boozy Gummy Skulls – Homemade Halloween Candy for Adults
- Skull mold
- ½ cup flavored vodka*
- 1 box lemon Jello*
- 1 envelope Knox gelatin
- Whisk together the vodka, jello, and gelatin in a small saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin and jello are fully dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling. Do not bring to boil as it will cook a lot of the alcohol out.
- Remove mixture from heat. Quickly use an eyedropper or medicine syringe to transfer the mixture into gummy skull molds. I filled mine all the way up to the top.
- Transfer to the fridge to set, about 2-3 hours.
- Pop gummies out and enjoy!