Sweet and salty popcorn sprinkled with a spooktacular mix of crunchy candy in Halloween colors, this Witches’ Brew Halloween Popcorn is hauntingly delicious and easy-to-make!
Halloween treats are one of my favorite things to make! From Frankenstein Twinkies to One-Eyed Purple People Eater Marshmallow Pops there are so many fun and spooktacular Halloween sweets to make! Today, I’m sharing the first of several Halloween recipes I’ve cooked up for this week, Witches’ Brew Halloween Popcorn!
This sweet and salty Halloween snack is eerily easy-to-make and hauntingly delicious! It’s the perfect blend of salty and sweet, and so fun to eat, too. It makes a great addition to any Halloween party or for a special Halloween lunch treat.
How to Make Witches Brew Halloween Popcorn
If you’ve ever made Rice Krispie Treats, then this popcorn will be a breeze!
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend items I use and love.
Kitchen Tools You May Need
Witches’ Brew Popcorn Recipe Ingredients
There are no unusual or special ingredients needed. Just some popcorn, mini marshmallows, butter, and Halloween colored sprinkles and candies (the complete ingredients and instructions are listed in the printable spell…err…recipe at the bottom of this post).
Halloween Popcorn Recipe Instructions
There’s no special spell needed to make this delectable Halloween Popcorn. And best of all, it literally takes just minutes to make.
- Cover a baking sheet with a Silpat mat or foil.
- Pop the popcorn and put it in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, then add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Slowly pour almost all of the melted marshmallows over the popcorn, gently folding to combine.
- Be sure to reserve a little bit of marshmallow for the next step!
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Drizzle the remaining marshmallow over the popcorn mixture.
- Quickly add Halloween sprinkles and candies on top while the marshmallow is still warm.
Once the candied popcorn has cooled, break it apart to serve. Yummy!
Tips for Making and Storing Halloween Candy Popcorn
Here are some handy tips on making and storing this Witches’ Brew Halloween Popcorn. If you have any questions I haven’t answered, feel free to leave them in the comments below, and I’ll do my best to answer them.
Halloween Candy Popcorn Cooking Tips
Although the recipe calls for adding all of the melted marshmallow mixture, how much you add is really up to you. Just make sure you reserve some for the final steps – the candy will need something to stick to.
How Long Will Witches’ Brew Popcorn Last?
My family absolutely LOVES this popcorn so it doesn’t last long. And while it definitely tastes the best right after it is made, Witches’ Brew Halloween Popcorn will keep for a few days in an airtight container. Just keep in mind that the popcorn will be a little chewier because it absorbs some of the moisture from the marshmallow mixture – but it still tastes great!
Witches’ Brew Popcorn Printable Recipe
- 10 cups popcorn, popped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Halloween sprinkles
- Halloween Sixlets (green, purple, orange, black)
- Candy Eyes
- Pop the popcorn, salt liberally, and place in a large bowl.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan.
- Once the butter is completely melted, add in the mini marshmallows, stirring until the marshmallows are melted. Turn off the heat as soon as the last marshmallow has melted.
- Slowly pour about 3/4 of the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn in the bowl and gently fold it into the popcorn with a spatula until most of it is covered in the melted marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the marshmallow popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle the remaining marshmallow mixture over the popcorn.
- Quickly sprinkle the candy and sprinkles over the popcorn.
- Allow the popcorn to cool before breaking into pieces and serving
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
More Halloween Recipes for Halloween Treats
Looking for more easy Halloween treats? Check these out!