Many men find the thought of testosterone injections intimidating. This may be because there simply isn’t enough information about it to get started. As a compound that can effectively kickstart your testosterone production, it’s no wonder testosterone cypionate injections have been used for years and are increasingly becoming more popular.
Below you will find enough information about testosterone cypionate injections to help you make an informed decision. As always, nothing in this article should be taken as medical advice. It is simply for information purposes only. Always discuss treatments with your licensed doctor.
What are testosterone cypionate injections?
Testosterone cypionate is a prescription medication that is used as an androgen supplement for men. It is a synthetic male steroid hormone that gives a supplemental dose of testosterone to men who need it. Testosterone is the main androgen hormone in the male body and helps in muscle and bone development, red blood cell production, metabolism, heart health, brain function, fertility, sexual functions, etc. Testosterone cypionate comes only in the form of injections that can be injected into muscles. This can be done at home with the guidance of the doctor. Testosterone cypionate for sale is available as both a generic drug and branded drug.
Who needs it?
A testosterone cypionate injection helps in providing the hormones that the body does not produce anymore. This product has been in use since the 1950s with great results. It was used for the treatment of depression by doctors before the invention of antidepressants. It is still in use for men to combat depression-related feelings. Approved pharmacies have testosterone cypionate for sale.
Low testosterone levels in males result in poor concentration, mood changes, low sex drive, and erectile dysfunction (trouble maintaining an erection). This can also result in low growth of testicles and penis, loos of body hair, breast growth (gynecomastia), anemia, decrease in muscle mass, and osteoporosis. There are two kinds of hypogonadism: hypogonadotropic and primary. This drug can be used to treat both. Naturally, it is best practice to seek out professional advice or help.
Primary hypogonadism is the one in which the testicles do not produce enough testosterone. Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism is when there is injury or damage to the brain system (hypothalamus or pituitary gland) that instruct testicles to produce testosterone.
What Are the Side effects of Testosterone Cypionate Injections?
The most common side effects of testosterone cypionate injections is irritation or redness at the injection site. This is mostly a minor irritant that subsides over time. This testosterone therapy is generally safe for men who have low T. Your doctor would have prescribed this medication only after carefully analyzing your history. The people at risk for side effects are people who overdose of testosterone cypionate or take more steroids than prescribed.
The common side effects include:
- Breast enlargement (gynecomastia)
- Hair growth (body)
- Hair loss (head)
- Mood changes
- Oily skin
- Prolonged erections (sometimes painful)
- Sleep apnea
- Weight gain
- Risky or aggressive behavior
- Enlarged prostate due to conversion of dihydrotestosterone and estrogen
Other side effects of testosterone cypionate are quite rare and require consultation with a physician. These include
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- High blood pressure
- Changes in urination
- Swelling in feet, legs, or ankles
- Blood clots in arms or legs causing redness, pain, swelling, lump, and warmth
- Blood clots in the lungs cause difficulty in breathing, coughing, passing out, sweating, chest pain, or coughing up blood that worsens during breathing
- Erections that don’t subside and become painful
- Mood changes and depression
- Problems in liver function
- Loss of appetite
- Color change in stool and urine
- Abdominal pain
What Things Should You Share with Your Doctor before using it?
Since testosterone cypionate is a controlled substance, it cannot be obtained in the US without a prescription. The doctor will have to do blood diagnostic tests, physical examination, and a review of health history before diagnosing the problem. Testosterone therapy injections is very effective and safe when used to treat low testosterone.
It is illegal to purchase testosterone cypionate online from unregulated suppliers. There is no way to know whether the medication has been diluted, tampered with, counterfeited, or swapped without sending it to an approved laboratory. Only licensed pharmacies can sell testosterone cypionate.
The use of testosterone cypionate is restricted for bodybuilding and other off-label uses. Using it for these purposes can lead to huge side effects due to excessive testosterone in the bloodstream. It can also cause the body to stop producing natural testosterone leading to testicular atrophy or infertility. When getting a prescription for testosterone cypionate, you can ask for authentic sources from your doctor.
Get Immediate Medical Attention If You Notice These Symptoms
There are some cases in which usage of excess testosterone cypionate has caused medical issues. Immediate medical attention needs to be given in case of the following symptoms:
- Stroke symptoms – slurring of speech, sudden or severe headache, loss of motor control, numbness, vision problems, weakness, pain in arm or leg.
- Allergy symptoms – rash, hives, swelling in face, mouth or throat, breathing difficulty.
- Issues in the heart – no long-term studies show that testosterone treatment in men can cause negative symptoms in the heart. However, short-term studies show that it can increase your risk of stroke, heart attack, or death. Heart attack signs include vomiting, sweating, shoulder and arm pain, nausea, and chest pain.
- Liver issues – using high doses of this drug for long periods can increase problems in the liver. This includes hepatitis and liver cancer. These are serious conditions that can be dangerous to life.
- Blood clots – high doses of testosterone cypionate increase the risk of creating blood clots in the veins of your legs or your lungs.
- Misuse – there are cases in which there is misuse or overdose of testosterone. If you take the drug at higher doses than that prescribed by your doctor, it increases the risk of health problems. It may also react with other anabolic steroids and cause side effects. Misusing this product can cause serious health problems. These include heart failure, psychosis, depression, and heart attack. Please be in touch with your doctor for testosterone usage.
Testosterone cypionate is a drug that is important in addressing the male deficiency of testosterone hormone. It is important to understand the applications and risks before taking up this drug. Following a doctor’s prescription is the best solution for treating testosterone-related deficiencies. Testosterone cypionate for sale at government-regulated pharmacies will ensure no contamination or degradation of the medicine.