These 5 Layer Dip Cups topped with edible footballs made from refried beans with sour cream laces not only taste great, but they look great, too! These Football Party Dip Cups are the perfect game day recipe to serve at your next party along with a free printable for DIY Football Straw Toppers!
Fall is one of my favorite times of year, especially because it’s football season! You can have the ultimate home field advantage by throwing your own football watch party from the comfort of your home.
Today I’m sharing a delicious game day recipe for Individual Five Layer Dip Party Cups, plus a free printable for DIY football straw toppers that will help you score big at your next gameday party!
Football watch parties are fun for two reasons: friends and food! One of the keys to a successful game day party is having a great spread of foods for munching.
These Individual Five Layer Football Party Dip Cups are an ideal addition to your homegate party. They are easy-to-make. They are the perfect answer to people who like to double dip! 😉 And they taste amazing!
Plus, they are topped with an edible football made from refried beans with sour cream laces.
They are a win-win game day party food idea!
Of course, no football party is complete without something cold to drink. And these Individual Five Layer Dip Cups pair perfectly with icy cold Coca-Cola!
Add some of my adorable DIY Football Straw Toppers (get the free printable below!), and your football party spread is ready to go!
Ready to see how to make these tasty Individual Five Layer Football Party Dip Cups?
How to Make Individual Five Layer Football Party Dip Cups
These Five Layer Dip Cups topped with footballs are incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients you can have game day food that not only looks cute, but tastes great, too!
Kitchen Tools You May Need
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend items I use and love.
- 6 (9 ounce) clear plastic cups
- plastic snack bag, to pipe on sour cream football laces
Five Layer Football Dip Cups Ingredients
- chunky salsa
- refried beans
- sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
Instructions to Make These Mini Football Party Dip Cups
These 5 Layer Mini Football Dip Cups are so easy-to-make, you’ll be done in mere minutes!
Pro Tip: make sure you flatten out each layer before adding the next. I used the back of a spoon.
Step One: Add Refried Beans
Begin by spooning about 2 teaspoons of refried beans into the bottoms of the clear plastic cups. Flatten out the layer with a spoon.
Step Two: Add Sour Cream
Next, add a layer of sour cream.
Step Three: Add Guac
Follow the sour cream with a layer of guacamole. Remember, keep flattening those layers!
Step Four: Add Salsa
Next, add a layer of chunky salsa to your Football Party Dip Cups.
Step Five: Add Final Layer
Then top it all off with a generous sprinkling of shredded cheddar.
Step Six: Add the Refried Bean Footballs
The next step is adding the refried bean footballs to your Football Party Dip Cups. Making the footballs is not difficult. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Use a spoon to scoop out about a tablespoons’ worth of refried beans.
- Carefully place the beans on top of the cheese, then use your fingers to shape the beans into a football shape. If you wet your fingers before shaping it’s much easier! It also works best when the beans are cold.
3. Next, add some sour cream to an icing bag or a plastic snack bag, and cut off the tip of one corner. Be sure to make the hole tiny!
4. Then use the bag to pipe on sour cream football laces.
And that’s it! You’re done. Don’t these Football Party Dip Cups look delish?!
How to Make DIY Football Straw Toppers – Free Football Printable!
Take your home-gate party to the next level with this free football printable. These DIY Football straw toppers are a quick and easy craft that’s sure to add a lot of punch to your party. Plus, they go perfectly with your Football Party Dip Cups!
Supplies You Will Need to Make DIY Football Straw Toppers
- paper straws – green and white striped
- printer paper – I used cardstock
- hot glue gun with glue sticks
- football topper download (see below)
DIY Football Straw Toppers Instructions
These football straw toppers are quick and easy to make. Just print, cut, and glue! I used a hot glue gun, but any type of glue should work just as well.
I recommend that you print on cardstock for best quality.
Step One: Download and Print
Click here or on the arrow in the top right corner of the image below to get the download. There are 6 football straw toppers per sheet.
Step Two: Cut
Once printed, allow the football straw toppers to dry thoroughly, then use scissors to cut them apart.
Step Three: Attach
Using glue or hot glue, add a dab to the straw then attach one of the football straw toppers. Allow to completely dry before using.
And that’s it!
Make Game Day Prep Easy
I found everything I needed for my football watch party layout, including a 24-pack of Coca-Cola®, at Walmart. It’s my favorite one stop place to shop. And one of my favorite ways to shop at Walmart is by using their online grocery pickup. It makes shopping so much easier and more convenient!
I can put together my order at any time using either the online site or the handy app. Then, once I finish shopping, I just schedule a time to pick my order up, and they deliver it right to my car. It’s a game changer!
Five Layer Football Party Dip Cups Printable Recipe Card
Five Layer Dip Party Cups with Football Design on Top
These 5 Layer Dip Party Cups topped with edible footballs made from refried beans and sour cream laces not only taste great, but they look great, too! They are the perfect treat to serve at your next football party!
- 1 jar chunky salsa
- 1 (16 0z) can refried beans
- 1 container of Guacamole
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 8 ounce Sour Cream
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Add 2 teaspoons of refried beans into the bottoms of the clear plastic cups. Be sure to flatten each layer out with the spoon.
- Next, add a layer of sour cream.
- Follow with a layer of guacamole.
- Then add a layer of chunky salsa.
- Top it off with a generous sprinkling of shredded cheddar.
- Use a spoon to scoop out about a tablespoons' worth of refried beans. Carefully put the beans on top of the cheese, then use your fingers to shape the beans into a football shape. If you wet your fingers before shaping it's much easier! It also works best when the beans are cold.
- Place some sour cream into an icing bag or a plastic snack bag, and cut off the tip of one corner. Make the hole tiny! Then use the bag to pipe on sour cream football laces.
For the 5 Layer Dip
For the Footballs
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yield:6 dip cups
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 436Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 712mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
Do you have a favorite tailgating or homegating recipe? Share it with us in comments!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #KickoffWithGreatTaste #CollectiveBias