Sweet and chewy popcorn balls flavored with cinnamon, vanilla, and salty, yet chewy pistachios for a unique treat on this favorite Fall treat in this Pistachio Chewy Bite Popcorn Balls Recipe.
Fall and Halloween are one of the most popular times of the year for popcorn balls. Today you can find all sorts of recipes for these sticky, yet delicious treats; from caramel to green apple to vanilla and even pistachio. Yep, pistachio, thanks to this Pistachio Chewy Bite Popcorn Balls recipe!
You can also find popcorn balls in all sizes and shapes, like these Spooky Witch Popcorn Balls I made last year! Popcorn Balls are easy to make, and take very few ingredients and even less time! And they make great party favors and treats to give to the kids.
Looking for a unique popcorn ball recipe? Try this one for these delicious Pistachio Chewy Bite Popcorn Balls!
I wish I could claim the fame for this delectable recipe, but I can’t. Instead, you can learn all about the two sisters that came up with this recipe below. But first, the recipe!
How to Make Pistachio Chewy Bite Popcorn Balls
These are just as easy to make as any other popcorn ball recipe. The recipe calls for very few ingredients and even less time!
Kitchen Tools You May Need
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend items I use and love.
Ingredients You Will Need
This recipe calls for nothing more than a few simple ingredients. In fact the only “special” ingredient you will need are the Pistachio Chewy Bites which are made by Setton Farms.
Now, if you want to make this recipe Vegan, simply use Vegan Marshmallows, such as Dandie’s brand, and a non-hydrogenated buttery spread such as Earth Balance.
All of these ingredients can be found on Amazon, at Walmart, or even in your local grocery.
- popped popcorn
- marshmallows – make this a vegan recipe by using vegan marshmallows!
- butter or a non-hydrogenated buttery spread (Earth Balance)
- sea salt
- vanilla extract
- Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites
Popcorn Balls Instructions
It really doesn’t get any easier than this Fall treat recipe. In three quick steps, you will have a deliciously chewy treat everyone will enjoy!
Step One: Prepare Baking Sheet
- Cover a small baking sheet with either a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
Step Two: Melt the Marshmallows
- In a 4-6 quart heavy pot, add the buttery spread, marshmallows, cinnamon and sea salt. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then turn off the heat and quickly stir in the vanilla extract and Pistachio Chewy Bites.
Step Three: Form the Popcorn Balls
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, or a popcorn ball maker, portion out the mixture into 10 balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Allow to cool before enjoying.
About the Chef’s
L.A.-based sisters and celebrity chefs, Heather Goldberg and Jenny Engel of Spork Foods are vegan chefs that own a Los Angeles-based gourmet cooking school. The culinary duo are also cookbook authors and work with some of Hollywood’s elite including Emily and Zooey Deschanel, Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard, Kristin Bauer van Straten and Alicia Silverstone. (c)Spork Foods, 2014
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated buttery spread (Earth Balance)
- 2 cups vegan marshmallows (Dandie’s brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites, 6 pieces, roughly chopped
- In a 4-6 quart heavy pot, add buttery spread, marshmallows, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add vanilla extract and Pistachio Chewy Bites.
- Stir well, mixing until uniform.
- Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to portion out the mixture into 10 balls and place on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Enjoy when cooled.
Yield:10 Popcorn balls
Serving Size:1 Popcorn Ball
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.