Lady Lovebugs Valentine’s Day PEEPS Treats
If you need a last minute Valentine’s Day treat idea, then you will love these adorable Valentine’s Day PEEPS Lady Lovebugs made from everyone’s favorite marshmallow treat, PEEPS®! All you need is some Valentine’s PEEPS, a few extra ingredients and about 10 minutes – that’s it!
Peeps comes in a variety of seasonally inspired shapes, colors and flavors to make your Valentine’s Day extra sweet! Just look at all of the PEEPS Valentine’s offerings this year!
Pink Marshmallow Chicks (5 ct and 10 ct)
Pink Marshmallow Bunnies (4 ct and 12 ct)
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Crème Flavored Chicks (3 ct)
Marshmallow Hearts (3 ct or 6 ct)
Cherries Drizzled and Dipped in Chocolate (3 ct)
Chocolate Covered Raspberry Flavored Hearts (individually wrapped)
Strawberry Crème Flavored Marshmallow Hearts (9 ct)
Vanilla Crème Flavored Marshmallow Hearts (9 ct)
DIY PEEPS Little Lady Lovebugs
Ready to make some Valentine’s Day PEEPS Lady Lovebugs?
Here’s what you will need to make Valentine’s Day PEEPS Lady Lovebugs
PEEPS Marshmallow Hearts
Strawberry Crème Flavored Marshmallow Hearts
Vanilla Crème Flavored Marshmallow Hearts
Valentine’s Sprinkles (or some other brand that has tiny heart-shaped sprinkles)
A tube of black cake icing
Red and Pink Skittles
Here’s How You Make Valentine’s Day PEEPS Lady Lovebugs
1. For the Little Lady Lovebug body: using one toothpick, attach 1 of the larger sized pink PEEPSMarshmallow Hearts (for the body) to one of the smaller sized PEEPS Strawberry Crème Flavored Marshmallow Hearts or Vanilla Crème Flavored Marshmallow Hearts (for the head). Make sure you flip the pink heart upside down first!
2. For the antennae: cut a toothpick into two equal pieces. Insert each half into one Skittle candy, then insert each antennae into the Little Lady Lovebug’s head.
3. Now it’s time to decorate your Lovebug!
- Using a toothpick to add a tiny dab of icing to the back of each eye and place them on the Lovebug’s face.
- For the nose, add one of the heart-shaped sprinkles, again using the icing as glue. Do the same for the spots, which are also made from the heart-shaped sprinkles.
- Now all that is left is to draw a mouth and the line for the wings using the icing. And that is it!
Incredibly easy. Incredibly fast. Incredibly cute!
PEEPS® treats can be found nationwide at grocery and drug stores, PEEPS & Company retail stores and at many online stores.
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
What is your favorite Valentine’s PEEPS® flavor?