Tender, juicy chicken is covered in barbecue sauce, baked, then topped with fresh cooked bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese in this delectable Baked BBQ Bacon Cheddar Chicken recipe.
You know that commercial with the dog sniffing around saying “Bacon! Bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon“! Well substitute that dog for me, and the dog treats for nice thick crispy strips of bacon, and that’s my entire family’s reaction to bacon! We love bacon anytime, for any meal, whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner! Today, I am going to share a delicious, easy-to-make dinner recipe using bacon! So without further ado…
Baked BBQ Bacon Cheddar Chicken
Several years back I was looking for a better way to cook BBQ chicken. Scouring the internet, I came across several versions of the recipe below, but they all seemed to lack the one ingredient I feel really makes this recipe: bacon! So using one of the best-sounding recipes, I adjusted it just a tad and came up with a recipe that has truly become a family favorite!
This scrumptious Baked BBQ Bacon Cheddar Chicken Recipe is easy to make, and will have your family begging for more. The recipe serves 3, and can easily be adjusted to serve more or less. It takes no longer than 30 to 45 minutes total. And don’t forget the handy-dandy printer-friendly version of this recipe at the bottom of the post.
Baked BBQ Bacon Cheddar Chicken Ingredients
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- cooked bacon
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- BBQ Sauce
Instructions to Make Baked BBQ Bacon Cheddar Chicken
Aside from the scrumptious taste, this BBQ Bacon Cheddar Chicken is a favorite because it is so easy to make. You just need about 10 minutes worth of prep time, and then your oven does the rest!
First, you’ll season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Next, you’ll place them in an over-safe dish and smother them with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Then toss them in the oven for about 25 – 35 minutes or until the breasts are completely cooked.
While the chicken is baking, cook the bacon on the stove top until it’s nice and crispy. Then set it aside on a paper towel to drain.
Once the breasts are done, you’ll remove them from the oven and add a bit more BBQ sauce along with a handful of crumbled bacon for each breast.
Follow the bacon with a handful of cheddar cheese.
And then return the chicken to the oven just long enough for cheese to melt. And that’s it! Your Baked BBQ Bacon Cheddar Chicken is ready to enjoy!
Printable Baked BBQ Bacon Cheddar Chicken Recipe Card
- 3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup BBQ Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Cover the chicken breasts with your favorite BBQ Sauce.
- Bake for 25 - 35 minutes or until the breasts are completely cooked.
- While breasts are baking, cook the bacon on the stove top. Preheat both the pan and the bacon press. Add the bacon, place the press on top, and cook until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon from pan, place on paper towels to drain, and put to the side.
- Once breasts are done, remove them from the oven and add some more BBQ sauce.
- On top of the sauce add two slices of bacon per breast.
- Then top the bacon with the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Return to the oven just long enough for cheese to melt.
- Remove, serve and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 660Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 1665mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 59g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
LET’S BE FRIENDS! STAY UP TO DATE ON ALL BULLOCK’S BUZZ FUN BY FOLLOWING ME ON:
Enjoy this post? Subscribe to our newsletter so you’ll never miss another!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Love this recipe? Here are some more I think you will really like!